How Do You Store Your Cymbals?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I need to pare down to where I can store them on cymbal stands.

SteveB

DFO Master
Reaction score
I simply line the room with them so that i can see what I've got at the time. Some are in bags but the vast majority of them stand on a rug,overlapped, upright against other cases.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Would a cymbal stored outside a bag , say against a wall slowly develop a patina ?

As a stupid experiment, I've a set of hats lying against the wall in my shower room at the moment to see if they will develop a patina quicker in the moist warm air.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Lean them on my cats.
The soft fur keeps them oh so squeaky clean and unscratched.

And when the cats are uncooperative, I simply use a few guitar stands.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have them set up on my kit at home, and one ride that is unused is just propped up against my computer table. When my kit is not set up, the cymbals go into their case - except the hi-hats which I always transport on their stand as breaking down and re-assembling the stand is a pain.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have four padded cymbal bags. I also typically have a couple of cymbals leaning against the wall next to my kit at home, so I can quickly change voices.

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 10 besides the hats on the kit right now, a spare ride and pang leaning on the wall, and a few more in a box which I know includes spare hats and a broken one or two. Should build a stack out of the damaged ones.

Ptrick

Reaction score
On the floor sideways against the wall.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mine are always set up in my kit at church, as I am finally down to just one set.

Though I had to bring my Rock 21 ride home - my wife is making snowmen for gifts, and need to cut the fabric into 21” circles. :)

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
Would a cymbal stored outside a bag , say against a wall slowly develop a patina ?

As a stupid experiment, I've a set of hats lying against the wall in my shower room at the moment to see if they will develop a patina quicker in the moist warm air.
I had a 602 that had been cleaned, but only the top. Looked dumb. So I left it on a balcony over the winter and let the sun, wind, rain, snow, bird & squirrel poop, cosmic rays, and CIA tooth-implant-messages vibrate a little funk back into it. It worked, though 2-3 more seasons would be needed to get it back to where it was.

drumsforme

Reaction score
Cymbal Bags for me. Keep complete sets together consisting of Ride, 2-3 crashes, Hats, splashes in each bag.
A Zildjians, A Customs, K Zildjians, K Customs, Paiste 2002's, Paiste PST7 Thin, Sabian AAX Studio, Sabian AA Thins.