How many of you all play bass?

Jam-Man

Reaction score
Yup, play a short scale, a lot of fun as a drummer.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
My new bass as of a couple weeks ago. Fender Player Series (MIM). Felt like this was the sweet spot for a fledgling bass player who wanted a bit more than a Squier or the like. I love it!
PXL_20210405_232923437.jpg

Reaction score
bassist here! well... “bassist”. just the other day i learned that you’re supposed to be picking over the pickups. lol. that gives you a feel. but all things considered i’d say i’m okay. only been playing for a few months, but already i can play some difficult songs relatively okay. but really i just guess the notes and once it sounds right i keep playing it that way. my technique is also probably way off, but hey whatever it’s just something i do when i can’t drum because my sisters are home and they say it’s too loud. the bass is dirty, got it from my step-dad, haven’t cleaned it once, my dad refinishes guitars and i’ve asked him to put maple lacquer over it so we’ll see how that goes.
Where on the bass you pluck the strings determines the sound you get. McCartney used to play over the neck to get that warm rich booming tone he was famous for. Chris Squire played back towards the bridge, as did Roger Waters. No Rules my friend.