How much does "Celebrity Owned" affect value?

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Unknown: Uh, Mr. Williams...what model sticks do you own & play?
Tony Williams: What does it matter. Do you think If you play or own my sticks you can play like me?

(Kb)

Reaction score
The Sterling connection would be interesting to me too, even if it doesn't nearly veer into the "Neil Peart's childhood drum set" territory that these conversations inevitably drift towards.

From his recordings and his Instagram account at least, it's obvious he has big ears and a distinct playing style I really enjoy. He does a lot of high profile studio work. But what all that says about a kit he USED to own???? It probably has decent edges and packed lugs at least :)

Northamusi

Reaction score
This is the realm for the rich, like the guy who owns the Colts football team and paid some crazy amount for a Ringo kit. God bless him. It’s in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn’t pay five cents over market value for a kit owned by Mitch Mitchell even if he delivered it to my door. But I’m sure someone else would, and that’s their prerogative

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve sold multiple drums for celebrity drummers of higher notoriety than those, and it didn’t bring really any extra. Cool factor though.