How much is this red vistalite worth?

healthie1

Reaction score
Sizes: 8/10/14/18/22

shells are in good shape, a few scrapes, but no cracks. Some pics attached, badge on the smaller tom a bit roughed up.

Bass drum hoops covered in tape; need to be restores
Missing bottom hoop t-rods and skin on 18”.
tom mount has a tama bottom.

Thought I might keep them but I’m moving in a year and just don’t need more stuff.

I live In a smaller city and doubt I’d get a good price locally. What do you think it’s worth? Anyone interested?

Attachments

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Based on my research and market value if all items were in good shape and ready to play, you may be able to ask $2000.00.

Based on the current condition of what you have, maybe $800.00 to the right person?

I was thinking as a buyer $500.00.

I'm no expert so you can throw my opinion out with the bath water. I'm looking at it from a buyers point of view without trying to insult.

healthie1

Reaction score
Based on my research and market value if all items were in good shape and ready to play, you may be able to ask $2000.00.

Based on the current condition of what you have, maybe $800.00 to the right person?

I was thinking as a buyer $500.00.

I'm no expert so you can throw my opinion out with the bath water. I'm looking at it from a buyers point of view without trying to insult.
all good dude! Just looking for thoughts since I can’t find a kit like this on sold eBay listings.

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, red is a sought after color. I sold a white vista on reverb a few years back for about $1500, but that was in Bonham sizes.

It's really hard to estimate prices for something so niche. It'll be worth a lot more to the right collector.

The drummer from Sumac/Baptists works at a Rufus Drum Shop in Vancouver BC and seems to be a Vistalite expert. I suggest calling them. https://www.rufusdrumshop.com/

healthie1

Reaction score
That is a little tough for accessing bigger markets. Maybe try advertising in Edmonton if you’re down to meat halfway
Good idea.
IIRC, red is a sought after color. I sold a white vista on reverb a few years back for about $1500, but that was in Bonham sizes.

It's really hard to estimate prices for something so niche. It'll be worth a lot more to the right collector.

The drummer from Sumac/Baptists works at a Rufus Drum Shop in Vancouver BC and seems to be a Vistalite expert. I suggest calling them. https://www.rufusdrumshop.com/
This is a really good idea. I've thought about reaching out to them; juts a bit far. But, if I can get a lot for them, it'll be worth it. I love that shop too; the only place I've gotten to play a Dunnett kit - which are great, BTW.

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that shop too; the only place I've gotten to play a Dunnett kit - which are great, BTW.
I've never been, but it's on the list when I visit friends there in a few months.

re: the Dunnett kit, just the thought makes me drool a little bit.

healthie1

Reaction score
I've never been, but it's on the list when I visit friends there in a few months.

re: the Dunnett kit, just the thought makes me drool a little bit.
Take it all in while you're there - there are wood-hooped custom drums, by Klemm drums, Woods Custom Drums, Dunnett, the new WFL snares - it's not an enormous section at the commercial drive spot, but you can plan some cool stuff.

Also if you like sushi go to Kadoya Sushi on Denman street! I think it's my favorite in Vancouver.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice 5pc Red Vistalite kits have recently been selling for $1200-1800 on Reverb with some excellent kits hitting the $2000-2400 range.

My guess is with the concert toms, missing rims and current condition you might be able to get $1000-1200 on a good day.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
i owned 2 vista sets 1 clear 1 blue
the clear was a 5 pc. i got $1500 for it
the blue was a 6 pc. and i got $1650 for it .... that was the time the vistas were up in price
you should be able to get between 7 or 8 hundred bucks

healthie1

Reaction score
Thanks Bob & Rikkrebs!

I'm tempted to drill the 14" for bottom heads and keep it as a gig kit - if I ever join another band - is this a complete sin for a red vistalite? I'm a woodworker and have done some drum modification successfully in the past; although never working with acrylics.

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Bob & Rikkrebs!

I'm tempted to drill the 14" for bottom heads and keep it as a gig kit - if I ever join another band - is this a complete sin for a red vistalite? I'm a woodworker and have done some drum modification successfully in the past; although never working with acrylics.
Back in the 1970's I had a blue vistalite set, and my tom holder stripped out. So I purchased a Slingerland Set-O-Matic double tom holder and drilled the shells to accommodate. Of course that was in the 70's before everything became collectable.

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
you need to think about the cost of shipping too...those are big/heavy....

I have a blue fibes kit (never seen another for sale) and I'm having trouble selling because of shipping and I'm outside of Boston. Maybe the next CT (now MA) drum show....dunno

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a cool kit. I'd fix the bearing edges/drill the toms for bottom rims and keep it. But I probably value vistas more highly than the average drummer.

healthie1

Reaction score
Seems like a cool kit. I'd fix the bearing edges/drill the toms for bottom rims and keep it. But I probably value vistas more highly than the average drummer.
That's what I'm leaning towards - it's a sweet kit, sizes are okay, really good shape, and I got this, set of cymbals, and a full set of hardware for $900 canadian; so I suspect I'll never get this good of a deal on a vistalite again.