header.nohb.html

How much loud 2002 SE 15 hats is?

Bito

Reaction score
Hi!!
After tons of search about a new hats, i think i go with 2002 SE 15
Actually i use a K 14" hats, anybody could say how much louder 2002 SE 15 is?
I am affraid of them being deafening LOL

Thanks!

Hop

DFO Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about the peak loudness, as that can be a bit subjective and dependent on different variables.
You will certainly hear a difference in timbre or the quality of sound between the two pairs of HH's, which may be interpreted as increased volume or being louder.
The best thing is having both HH's in the same environment/room and doing a comparison to find what your preferences are.

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not as loud as you might think. I’d say about a 6.5/10.

(A 1/10 being paperthin 12" old stamp K's, a 10/10 being Z Custom mega-whatevers.)

bluejacketsfan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've owned both, so let me try to help. Your Kay high hats are made to blend into music. The sound Edge hi-hats are made to cut through music. Without knowing what kind of music you play, I can't really comment on what would be best for your needs. But I will say that the alloy B8 that the 2002 series uses is in itself louder than B20 that the K series uses. Then add in the extra engine size, and add in the fact that sound edges are made to cut like I said before, and I think you're going to notice quite a difference. What kind of music do you play?

stuart s

Reaction score
Depends on what your definition of "IS" is :D

Its loud, but not like the Signatures, Rudes or New Beats where it gets fatiguing at times and makes you ease up on it.

Bri6366

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My 15" 2002 SE Hats are my go to hats that I've played the last decade or more. They are very lively and full sounding, not necessarily loud although they are capable of fairly high volume by virtue of their size and cutting sound. When I get on a set of 14" Zildjians, they feel quite a bit more controlled as if there is some duct tape on them.