How much should you pay for a cymbal on eBay?

BoxMonster13

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What are good prices for hats, crashes, and rides when bidding or making offers on eBay? When do I know someone is ripping me off? I'm currently trying to get ahold of a 21" HH raw bell dry ride by making "Best Offers" to a guy who wants $250 for it new. I said I would do $150 and have yet to get a counter offer. Is this too much?

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
just watch where some end. do a search of completed auctions of the cymbals that you are looking for. it will give you a nice idea of what they are going for.

mike

BoxMonster13

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It looks like currently there is only one on sale by bidding. It is at 81 bucks with three days left, so I'm sure it will skyrocket. Good advice though.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That particular cymbal is a favorite model and always seems to bring good money on the bay. I've watched several and given up trying to score one for a great price. I'll wait till someone around here decides to give one up. It's not like I don't have other great rides to play in the mean time -- this one is just on the wish list.

gaebrel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pay what you want to pay. What's it worth to YOU?

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
If it's still in your price range with 20 or so seconds left, put in your max bid, and see what happens. If your max is higher than the other guy's max, it's practically yours, as he won't have enough time to enter a new max.

Of course, if his (or another bidder's) max is higher, then you lose...and try again another time. :)

Latest posts