How old is this head?

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry,I don't have the answer, but would also like to find out because my 40s radio king snare came with this or one very similar. I wonder if anyone knowledgable could show pics of the different heads from all the different decades.

Drumstickdude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The recently introduced remo classic fit heads use this old logo but it says classic fit somewhere on there.

Speedy Keen

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here is a head that I recently got on a snare drum. I have not looked at it closely yet, and am not sure if it is a calf head with a Remo rim on it. or an early plastic head. I'll ask Joe and see what he remembers about it.

Attachments

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here is a head that I recently got on a snare drum. I have not looked at it closely yet, and am not sure if it is a calf head with a Remo rim on it. or an early plastic head. I'll ask Joe and see what he remembers about it.

That one is calf. Very nice looking ink still as well.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
i had a head just like it a while ago ... put it on a snare tightened it up and it pulled out of the collar
so don't do what i did ....

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Notice the "Amrawco" in that logo. American Rawhide Company. Here's an interesting article that mentions the company in this George Way profile:

GeeDeeEmm

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
i had a head just like it a while ago ... put it on a snare tightened it up and it pulled out of the collar
so don't do what i did ....
I can't believe how tight the previous owner had this head..I've never seen such a thing..not sure what the hell he was thinking..some people...

Latest posts