How resilient is Trick’s powder coat on bass drum riser?(shipping damage question)

Dano

Reaction score
Recently I received a Trick bass drum lift. Unfortunately it did not fare so well in the hands of UPS and the “ears” got tweaked.

It seems as if the best way to get it all back “on plane” is to put it in a hydraulic press and put the pressure to it.

My question/concern is this: when flexing the mount back into place, even if I tape everything off and protect from any metal to metal co tact, do I run the risk of flaking the powder coating off?

Thanks for the help!

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
It’s a significant risk. Some of the powdercoat has scraped off the edges/corners of mine after only a few gigs. I mean it’s not just going to all flake off, it’s a good coating, but at those stress points I would expect some visible damage in the coat.

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would guess it would flake off.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You'll lose some in the creases that were made when u bend it back. I would put black permanent marker on there and forget about it until its rusted over. Paint doesn't adhere to pc unless you hit it with 180 or 220 grit sandpaper.

Dano

Reaction score
Trick did get back to me right away- top notch outfit!

Of course it’s tough for them to gage without seeing it in person, but he did vouch for the strength of their coatings.

Glad to hear the real world feedback as well .

I’ll keep you guys posted as to how it turns out.