HTF Ludwig COB blue olive badge snare New not Vintage

vinnyrac63

Reaction score
THis is a new drum, not vintage. Sound File added in reply section. Yes, you read . A Blue Olive badge Chrome over Brass snare. It has the BR embossed stamped behind the P-85 throw off in case the weight isn't enough to give it away. Has original stock Ludwig heads (only lightly played/tested), original snares, die cast butt. I replaced the throw off side with a Canopus strap because the plastic strap sucked. There is some light and very small bubbling in the snare side panel. See last photo. I believe these are imperfections in the plating process. Also there are two small holes in one panel that have tiny factory installed black screws. I suspect that this panel was going to be used for an oval, commemorative badge. See photo Doesn't affect sound.
DSC02153.JPG

Drum kills! Even with the Ludwig Heads. I had a set of Canopus backbeat wires on it and a Remo hi tension snare side. I'd recommend doing the same. $500.00 plus shipping. Comes in original Ludwig Box.
DSC02147.JPG
DSC02149.JPG
DSC02150.JPG
DSC02153.JPG
DSC02156.JPG
DSC02142.JPG

Last edited:

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Pretty sure it got the B/O badge because of the plating issue... still a nice player's drum for the money.

D

Drummer1990

This would definitely fall under B-Stock if has plating issue and two extra holes where someone screwed up. Though it is a super beautiful drum!

vinnyrac63

Reaction score
Drum is still available. Will entertain offers. Although listening to that sound file is giving me second thoughts. :D

Latest posts