Humm; just a thought; drum bag

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For those looking for something different; one bag for three toms with wheels. I was looking for something like this about four years ago and they were not to be found. I tried the 48" Ahead Hardware bag for while but it wasn't ideal. Looks like a 16" floor tom might fit.

Check it out,
sherm

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Haven’t yet, but thought about getting that bag for Sonor Martini kit. There’s a review(positive)also by someone who got it specifically for that kit.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a mini kit I have put together (8x10 tom, 9x13 "FT", 10x14 bass, snare) and looking to stack them in one bag......I just don't want to pay that much!

stevil

Reaction score
Beato made me two custom bags for a DW kit I used to have, one carried the snare and floor and the other three two reach toms. He'd probably be able to make a practical bag for a cocktail kit. Let the shoulder strap.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I have that bag for my Ludwig Breakbeats. It fits the bass drum and the two toms, plus I keep the tom arm in the side pocket. I couldn't fit the snare, but I don't really use the one that came with it anyway. I did have to sew up the side where the bass spur wing nuts poked through the seam and if you're not careful, the whole thing tips to the side when you're wheeling it since the wheels are pretty close together. I usually just set it upright on my rock 'n' roller with the rest of my gear. Next time around I'll probably see what Beato could make for me, but this is still pretty nice for the price.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
For those looking for something different; one bag for three toms with wheels. I was looking for something like this about four years ago and they were not to be found. I tried the 48" Ahead Hardware bag for while but it wasn't ideal. Looks like a 16" floor tom might fit.

Check it out,
sherm
I've been aware of that bag for some time now.
I've been contemplating using it to house an entire kit (minus hardware and cymbals).
Should work for an 18/12/14 kit with a 14x4 snare drum.
Add a hardware bag (which you can also throw your stick bag into) and a cymbal bag and you're set.
3 bags and a dolly totes your entire kit.
Nice. =)

Elvis

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beach Boy, how thick is the padding on the sides, does it have any? Looks like it would be sufficient for my needs.

Yes, I'm thinking like TheBeachBoy; I have a 18,12 and 10 inch toms, they would stand on one end of the Rock N' Roller then the bass, snare etc., can also ride. My 28" Ahead roller will roll with the stool and stands. I'd have more than enough room in back of my truck.

sherm

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been using a Roadrunner Conga bag for years. It's much faster and more compact than individual bags. Just make sure that you put a hand towel or something similar between the drums to prevent rash.

Neal Pert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had one with a Canopus Club Kit (10/13/15) and fit the drums plus a 5x14 snare in there (legs and single tom mount in side pockets), but it was a bit tight. As previous folks have said, it's not terribly thick nor is it actually great for wheeling around with one hand. But if the goal is one case, it'd work. I would THINK it'd be too small to fit an 18 in there, but I never tried. If I had another Club Kit I'd do a bass drum case and then one for the toms and snare. Easier in every way.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Beach Boy, how thick is the padding on the sides, does it have any? Looks like it would be sufficient for my needs.

Yes, I'm thinking like TheBeachBoy; I have a 18,12 and 10 inch toms, they would stand on one end of the Rock N' Roller then the bass, snare etc., can also ride. My 28" Ahead roller will roll with the stool and stands. I'd have more than enough room in back of my truck.

sherm
It's not super thick padding, but I've found it pretty sufficient. Probably about 3/8" (total guess - I don't have calipers). Like any soft bag it's more for preventing scratches and minor bumps. It does have a couple round divider pieces plus another padded insert piece with velcro. I use that at the bottom where the pedal riser attaches on the bass drum. Not sure if it's necessary, but I figured I might as well use it.

For the 18" tom, it might be a tight fit. I can fit the 16" bass drum in fine and it seems like there might be a little more room, especially since the 18 floor tom won't have spurs like a BD.

Overall, much better and easier than the paper-thin "bags" that came with the Breakbeats.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's not super thick padding, but I've found it pretty sufficient. Probably about 3/8" (total guess - I don't have calipers). Like any soft bag it's more for preventing scratches and minor bumps. It does have a couple round divider pieces plus another padded insert piece with velcro. I use that at the bottom where the pedal riser attaches on the bass drum. Not sure if it's necessary, but I figured I might as well use it.

For the 18" tom, it might be a tight fit. I can fit the 16" bass drum in fine and it seems like there might be a little more room, especially since the 18 floor tom won't have spurs like a BD.

Overall, much better and easier than the paper-thin "bags" that came with the Breakbeats.
Oops!! Sorry; I said 18" but it's really a 16" floor tom. Just wild fingers on the key board I guess.

sherm

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
It'll fit the 16 no problem, as long as it doesn't have abnormally large hardware or tom mounts/spurs. There's still a bit of play in mine that I would think an 18 could fit, if you were ever so inclined.

I can't remember if the description states this, but it does have straps to cinch up near the bottom and top (and maybe the middle?) to keep the drums from sliding around from side to side.

Latest posts