Hunting.... 6X5-1/2 & 8X5-1/2 Pearl concert toms

SKSMITH

Reaction score
I know this is a longshot, but I'm Going to throw this out it out there since none seem to show up in the usual places.
I'm curious to see if anyone has an old, early 1980's Pearl Made in Japan Maple 6X5-1/2 & 8X5-1/2 concert toms that are just taking up space that they would like to get rid of.
I do not care it they are covered or lacquer finish, or general condition. Actually, the uglier the better, because I plan on recovering them in Titanium Sparkle to match my kit.
The badge style that I'm interested in is the silver / black Pearl label (MX/MLX series, could be ET series also I suppose), with the tag on the opposite side of the shell that states "Maple Shell". I am no concerned with the mounts either. Some had clips, some had 7/8" tubes. Either is acceptable.
If you have anything, shoot me a pm or some pics to my email (steven_k_smith2500 at yahoo dot com). I'm in St. Louis, MO if you need to figure any shipping.
Thanks,
Steve
(edited to correct the size)

Last edited:

SKSMITH

Reaction score
Bump.
Looking only for 6" & 8" Made in Japan early 80's maple single headed concert toms.
Color & condition not important.
A description from the pearl drum forum:
"8 ply - 6mm thin shell is 80-83 ET/M series depending on year .. if it doesn't have superhoops it's from 80-82 and is ET series .. if it has superhoops it's from 83 and is M series .. same shells just different series name".
Here a pics of the badges:
Maple Shell -

Pearl Made In Japan -

Thanks,
Steve

Latest posts