Hybrid kits and backlines

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm hoping with one of my bands to use my sample pad pro (Alesis) more often and want to augment it with some pads but we often play places where there is one kit for the night (its original music short sites).

So I'm think of how I can quickly augment someone else's kit quickly with pads. Anyone doing this?

For me....

The sample pad is on its own stand with a cymbal/pad above it on a boom so I can move it over the hats.

I have a Dingbat which I think i can use a multiclamp off the hihat and two LP Spikes (remember them?) that I think I could also multiclamps off another stand near the floor tom...and then I have a bass drum pedal/pad I can keep near the acoustic (this might be more inputs than the sample pad can swing...).

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had to deal with that a lot playing back in London. I ended up having to keep my sample pad off to the left (up above the hihats), so that I could basically fly it in to a standard four-piece kit without having to move a bunch of stuff around. It wasn't ideal, as I generally prefer having it in front (where the rack tom would usually go), but it was the best compromise I could come up with.

Reactions: dtk