I’m out of G.A.S.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer to think of it as "product testing"

Test results:

Favorite brushes - Vic Firth Russ Miller model (one stiff brush for cymbal work and a thinner gauge one for drum sweeps.)

Favorite Rute - Steve Smith Tala Wand, which unfortunately has been discontinued which I think is due to his having moved on to a different endorsement deal. It's a shame 'cause those were great.

I remember getting a brand new pair of Steve Smith Tala Wand sticks. I don't hit hard. I was using them just after getting them and one of them disintegrated in my hand after just a few hits. I couldn't return them, so I never bought another pair. I liked the design though.
I use a brand of "bundle" sticks made by the company AMR. (I believe it's one guy in his garage?) Great sticks at 25% of the cost of a pair of Hot Rods, and they last longer.
Stretch

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
it's like combing your hair a different way

F93E6EB7-774C-4B7F-9139-8F922D2A101E.jpeg
8ADF66F0-E5BB-4EFB-B618-5552FF229578.jpeg

Reactions: JDA

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
I was at that point for a while. Then I got to the point where I listed everything I owned with a bottom line price in mind. I didn't get any offers I liked, so they sit in the corner. At this point in time, they're just a reminded to not spend money on things that I won't want forever.

If I never have to buy another pair of sticks or set of heads again, I'll be happy.

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been through it a few times..If I don't gig I can't justify buying anything new. I used to have a lot more gear and slowly sold much of it off....when the pandemic hit and everything stopped, my wife/partner and I went through a stressful period with the business..everything collected dust..including me... thankfully, we've come out ok and started a new place, the guys are getting together again and I needed some inspiration so I bought a brand new kit to get me going up in my drum room..it is just what the doctor ordered..I've been up there a couple of hours a night for about 5 nights a week since I got it ..I can justify buying gear again and am looking at drums a whole different way...I have a small drum room so I can only own so much at a time...that's a good thing..

Reaction score
I haven't bought any major gear in about 8 years.

Do I win anything, or am I going to get banished?

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately (?) my GAS moved over a lane to guitars, pedals and amps. Now I have to learn to play them better. I'm getting there.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
G. A. S. I'm running out as well. Been playing a large set of late 80's Classic Ludwigh's since '94. Late 2018 I purchased a 5-piece CM Ludwig set. I'm set for now. Over the years I did have G.A.S. for hardware and changed many times. However, I do need a nice ride cymbal but not sure what I want.

sherm