I’ve got company...

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out I’m not the only drummer around within a mile of where I’m staying. Even in the city I’d have to travel a bit before hearing another drummer. I’m up in the Sierra Nevada foothills for the last 10 months, and only setup my drums in the last three months due to world circumstances.

I find it refreshing to hear another drummer somewhere down the road. When the coast is clear I may try to make contact and talk drums. The beat of my tribe might be .5 mile to a mile away. I can only hear the kick and snare.

Last edited:

khoop

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same situation you are. I moved to the Sierra Nevada Foothills 4 years ago and found out there is another drummer about ½ mile up the street from me about year ago. We met once in passing but have not been able to get together to talk drums due to covid and her having a baby.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same situation you are. I moved to the Sierra Nevada Foothills 4 years ago and found out there is another drummer about ½ mile up the street from me about year ago. We met once in passing but have not been able to get together to talk drums due to covid and her having a baby.
I enjoy not having to think about when I can play or how loud. Even with the doors open when the weather is warm (not lately), I can play however I like and it doesn't bother the neighbors (that I know of). The closest house is about 300 yards away and that neighbor wanted to know if I'd teach drum lessons when this thing is over. He plays an electronic kit.

The freedom to play at will has me thinking of maybe staying up here for awhile if I can manage it.

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are sort of out there and you hear other drummers.

I live in the city with neighbors all around me, and Ill be darned if I can remember the last time I heard somebody playing the drums. Guitar or piano once in awhile, but not the drums. Admittedly, they are kind of loud for this setting. Probably why my parents bought me a guitar as a kid instead of the drums I really wanted! :crybaby:

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in midtown Savannah, GA. Since I'm from the NYC / NJ area, it's more like a town than a city. There's a kid that lives a block away, directly behind my house that practices drums occasionally.
I have or have had at least 5 or six drummers that I've spoken with within 5 blocks of my house.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
No place like the Sierra Nevadas from Mammoth to Mt. Shasta!
Im In Carson City,Nv.
Tahoe 35 miles away,desert to the East.