I am lucky to have good friends here!

Chayro

Reaction score
This is the craziest story. I was watching a Youtube video on Tama Bell Brass drums and later that evening, I happened to be looking at them on Ebay. I had no intention of buying anything and I was just killing some time.
So I come across this NOS Tama Warlord Bell Brass. Magnificent drum and I'm looking at it and, before I knew it, it pops us as "Sold" and $4700 is immediately deducted from my Amex through Paypal. It took no more than 5 seconds! I flipped out and got on to Ebay to cancel the sale. Well, it turned out the seller was none other than my long-term Forum buddy Treviso, who promptly cancelled the sale and got me a refund, although it really took some doing. So the moral is - be very careful when browsing on Ebay and it pays to have good Forum friends. I realize that in all likelihood, Ebay would force the seller to cancel the sale if it were an immediate request for cancellation, but it's a lot better if you know the seller. So as John Wayne said: "Well Pilgrim, you got yourself out of that fix right handy". Thanks Rob!
BTW - if you are remotely interested in this kind of drum, you should definitely contact Rob. It is museum-quality.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
I'm not following the story very well given there's at least 4 clicks to BIN something and pay for it, never mind it's a $4.7k snare drum.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
$4,700 for a drum? Why?
Rare, collectible, made of bell brass, one of the most sought after materials for a snare.

Whether you’d pay that or think it’s worth it is up to you. But there are drums worth that. (Worth equating to what other individuals are willing to pay.) And, as drummers, we have it relatively easy. Try getting the most sought after and rare guitar, stand up bass, or violin. $4700 is chump change. It’s all relative.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dang! Tough room.
It's a shame there was this negativeness added to a post thanking a Forum Member.
Glad Treviso1 was willing to help you out. He's a pretty good guy.

I saw that snare ... BEAUTIFUL snare.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not following the story very well given there's at least 4 clicks to BIN something and pay for it, never mind it's a $4.7k snare drum.
Exactly. And even if you "accidentally" bought it with a few clicks of you mouse, you still have to pay for it. Ebay has allowances to back out of deals in that first hour if you made a mistake. I would think 99% of sellers understand that and would co-operate. Once you pay though, then it's up to the seller to let your free or or not.

Latest posts