I am speechless............

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
???? Zero rating seller, local pickup (why???!!!!), hokey listing description and bad pictures. Recipe for disaster although they look like Ludwig KB in anniversary sparkle???

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I can't tell exactly what the wrap is from the pics. Based on some of the hardware targeting a time frame, that's probably a brass Super 400 as well.

Mike

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, and around the corner from me....ugh!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sounded pretty reasonable to me for an i experienced parent who didn't know what they had and were trying to be fair about it.

Go in the dayligbt and bring a friend....

Black Beat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like an early 60s kit to me and i am still speechless.

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
No one is that ignorant? Ebay will even coach you what similar kits sold for when you list an ad. Maybe the sale is for an 8" x 10" glossy photo of the drums??

OptikDrums

Player
Reaction score
The kit is a 1961 downbeat anniversary sparkle. The 1936 silver anniversary snare was not a part of the sale, however the brass supra was.
Long story short, the seller dropped the drums off at a 3rd party packing company. I received half of the drums (missing the floor tom) with no explanation or communication. Finally, the floor tom showed up over a week later with a completely different tracking number which was never provided to me. The shipper also refused to tell me if there was a second package on the way, so I had actually lost all hope late last week.

Anyway, the seller was extremely helpful in putting pressure on the shipper to insure I received the floor tom. I have sent the seller more funds for the kit because 1. how helpful they were and 2. clearly this was highly under valued. The seller did tell me that they were looking to unload the kit (due to plans to move) and they were aware it was worth more prior to listing it.

Anyway, the shells look very nice, however the hardware is trashed. It will be a long but fun restoration process. And No, the kit will not be for sale anytime in the near future.

Attachments

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is a lot of folks pass up great deals...amazing deals for being skeptical. Sure a lot of us are a little hesitant but many of us are willing to gamble a few $$ that we might get something amazing.

Great find!

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
OptikDrums said:
The kit is a 1961 downbeat anniversary sparkle. The 1936 silver anniversary snare was not a part of the sale, however the brass supra was.
Long story short, the seller dropped the drums off at a 3rd party packing company. I received half of the drums (missing the floor tom) with no explanation or communication. Finally, the floor tom showed up over a week later with a completely different tracking number which was never provided to me. The shipper also refused to tell me if there was a second package on the way, so I had actually lost all hope late last week.

Anyway, the seller was extremely helpful in putting pressure on the shipper to insure I received the floor tom. I have sent the seller more funds for the kit because 1. how helpful they were and 2. clearly this was highly under valued. The seller did tell me that they were looking to unload the kit (due to plans to move) and they were aware it was worth more prior to listing it.

Anyway, the shells look very nice, however the hardware is trashed. It will be a long but fun restoration process. And No, the kit will not be for sale anytime in the near future.
Optik scores. Again. ;-)

Congrats, Chris!