I didn't NEED another snare, but for $20????

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
I couldn't pass this up. 13" REMO MasterTouch piccolo. Was for sale in the consignment area at the So Cal Drum Show. Price tag said $20 and it had a Rhythm Tech Active Snare System installed. Slapped a new Skyntone batter and to be snarky, an Evans 300 snareside...
REMO 01.jpg
REMO 02.jpg
REMO 03.jpg

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What a score for 20! I'll give you 21 bucks for it? :happy7:

Seriously though, is that a brass housing on the Rhythm Tech? I've only seen the black version.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I had the exact same Remo snare - paid $100 for it and I'm glad I did because I traded it for a pristine '59 trans badge Pioneer in blu/slvr duco finish with nickel hardware, original blue velvet-lined Ludwig hard case included.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
Great Price on a good picc.

Don't blame you for not passing on it.

Worse case senario - you could probably make $$ parting it off on e-bay - even with the fees.

Burps

Reaction score
I'm a proud owner of a 13" MasterTouch piccolo. I hadn't played it in over a year. When I put it back on the stand again, I had forgotten how much I loved that thing. Congrats!

xsabers

Reaction score
This is my second one too! I think the other is a 14 though...

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This appears to be like the one Ed Thigpen used for his brush video (his may have been 14"). The brushes really cut on it! This would be an excellent score with a set of ratty, clipped snares on the bottom...!

I'm regretting to this day not picking up for 40 bucks a 10x14 chrome one from GC (my preferences are strangely widespread, ranging from wine-cellar type cymbals to drums that do the fat tones pervasive in the late 1970s and early 80s). I think I was worried about the bearing edge strength. A couple weeks later, I saw the same drum for sale in a local pawn shop for 100 or so.

xsabers

Reaction score
This appears to be like the one Ed Thigpen used for his brush video (his may have been 14"). The brushes really cut on it! This would be an excellent score with a set of ratty, clipped snares on the bottom...!

I'm regretting to this day not picking up for 40 bucks a 10x14 chrome one from GC (my preferences are strangely widespread, ranging from wine-cellar type cymbals to drums that do the fat tones pervasive in the late 1970s and early 80s). I think I was worried about the bearing edge strength. A couple weeks later, I saw the same drum for sale in a local pawn shop for 100 or so.
RE; the edges, this is the thicker shell that REMO eventually went to to increase durability.