I discovered a new cleaning tool

Joe61

Reaction score
A couple times a year I give my Big R a good cleaning. No disassembly just a good wipe down. One of the frustrating parts of the drums for me to clean is the space between the lug and the rim. Can't get my finger in there. I googled "oversize pipe cleaner". Found these on Amazon. Six bucks a bag of 24. For ages 4 and up so I qualify. They are like a swifter. Soft. Flexible.
Work great on my practice kit. Cant wait to try them on a real drum set...LOL

Joe

p.s. I am semi retired and have to much time on my hands and I like It!

Attachments

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A couple times a year I give my Big R a good cleaning. No disassembly just a good wipe down. One of the frustrating parts of the drums for me to clean is the space between the lug and the rim. Can't get my finger in there. I googled "oversize pipe cleaner". Found these on Amazon. Six bucks a bag of 24. For ages 4 and up so I qualify. They are like a swifter. Soft. Flexible.
Work great on my practice kit. Cant wait to try them on a real drum set...LOL

Joe

p.s. I am semi retired and have to much time on my hands and I like It!
That's great! Looks like a perfect solution for a problem I thought I didn't have but know that now I do, LOL!! I'm gonna get them because I too like to go into the nooks & crannies when cleaning. For a full undust I use the California car duster (comes in 2 sizes, I use the mini!). It works great for both the drums and car. Thanks for posting this! Here's my whole kit solution:

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice find. And all this time I have just been shoving a rag under the lug and pulling back and forth. This would be faster for sure.