I dont know if I would play these

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Or just set them up in my living room and have a cocktail party .
It would be the most beautiful piece of furniture in my house.

Class up the joint.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would take then to guys and play them . Drums are to be played . I am careful with my drums and have excellent padded Beato Bags and do all the transporting myself .

I had a Yamaha PHX kit a beautiful Burl ash outer veneer and I used them for bar gigs , outdoor gigs , just about everything I was doing . The Yamaha Canada Rep even commenter to me how pleased he was that I was taking them to my gigs as most people that bought them kept them in their basement .

Tracktuary

Reaction score
For the price of multiple Old Ks, you'd think they could have made the hardware less clunky.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd play them! Those are really pretty but were drummers which means that as furniture, we'd be the only ones that would enjoy them. Everyone else would just see a drumset in the middle of the living room!

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw a couple of those sets in a shop once. I'm not a big Sonor guy but they were definitely the prettiest drums in the store. Gorgeous.

id love to try a set with the beech shells. I did not like the sound of the Delite kit I had, and I believe these are similar.

TBH, on this scene I'd feel like an idiot playing them live. It's just too much somehow. Playing at Syracuse Suds or Funk and Waffles with drums this expensive would feel ridiculous.

Last edited:

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That photo above is now the background for my cellphone.
Beautiful

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I bet they sound amazing.
No doubt about that.

Ok. Yeah I would play them. But then i would set them up in living room after every gig just so I could look at them.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drums should be played. Period. As for the furniture aspect, these would be more decorative in a living room than onstage, IMO, since from 30' away they're just brown drums.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I never understand Sonor build-outs that are meant to represent the very best the Sonor legacy has to offer, where the most luxurious appointments were gratuitously slathered on, only to discover they didn’t start with beech.
+1 - Beech would be my choice as well - I like maple and birch but Beech is it when it comes to Sonor for me .

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a sparkly-wrap kinda guy, but that's the wood finish to change my mind.

Edit: WOW! EXPENSIVE! WOW!

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Don't buy them. They are just drums. If you wouldn't play them leave them for someone who could/would. They are striking in appearance, but if not played, they are wasted space.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
+1 - Beech would be my choice as well - I like maple and birch but Beech is it when it comes to Sonor for me .
Beech is a great tone wood,middle ground between maple and birch.
Miss my Beech Custom Absos,in traditional sizes!
Heavy though

Latest posts