I finally get it. Caroline ASBA pedal.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had one back in the 70's and it was great, but it's got one bad design flaw. The spring attaches to pin on the outside half of the stroke adjustment. This can wear.. and will eventually break. I think this pedal would rule with an infinite stroke adjust and better spring attachment. It was way ahead of it's time.
I hear ya on this... mine have a considerable wear/flat spot on the rings. I've got some replacement parts, but I don't recall having those rings.
I would like to see a ball bearing feature there like Pearl or Tama have on their spring. I also had mixed feelings how that spring connected on the other end of that tensioner... it could use some design attention too.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let me dig into the box and see what I might get rid of. I know I also have a ton of spare parts for them as well. The weak point of the originals is the ring that the spring pivots on the drive arm. There is no bearing there just a ring rubbing on a roll pin and has a tendency to wear through if not lubed all the time. I think the later ones used a conventional pivot point similar to a regular pedal, or some of mine may have been modified to that, I'm not sure on though.

All of those faults are completely fixable ...... however, the result would not be "original".

M.