I hate micro kits.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Since were on the subject; I hate micro greens. If you want to put something extra on my plate how about a piece of Shake-n-Bake pork fat with some hot sauce.

View attachment 428429
You get all of this and more with a nice bowl of pho. Don't get the large bowl (macro?) in this case, though, unless you want a small punchbowl of otherwise delicious broth and a sloshing stomach afterwards.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Most of the time, when people say they “hate” something, they’re just trying tell us they don’t know how to love themselves.

Just don’t try practicing THAT in public or you’ll end up with a stern talking-to and an ankle monitor.
Thanks man,,, great to get a full free psychological assessment over having some light hearted fun.

If your actually being serious,,,, that's a bit sad,,,,,,

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks man,,, great to get a full free psychological assessment over having some light hearted fun.

When you choose to use the word "hate" in the title of your thread, it does not make most people think of light hearted fun.
If you had instead titled the thread "Micro Kits sound like pants", THAT connotes light hearted fun.
Word choice matters.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
...having some light hearted fun.
Oh, well all right. Like was said, though, it came off as real opposition. There's a lot of snobbery all over drumming (eg, "no pillow! Enjoy playing in your garage and not getting paid, pillowers"), and this seemed like more of the same.

Now, I get irritated when it's apparent that the drummer is being lazy with a microkit. If it suits the music, great, but I don't want to hear tiny drums on classic rock covers, for example, so the drummer can share the same distinction as the harmonica player, for example....

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When you choose to use the word "hate" in the title of your thread, it does not make most people think of light hearted fun.
If you had instead titled the thread "Micro Kits sound like pants", THAT connotes light hearted fun.
Word choice matters.
U

Using the word "hate" and "micro kits" in the same sentence is no cause for concern.
If you don't get that,, sorry you don't get it.

Using "hate" and "albanians" or "mother in-laws cooking" , in the same sentence is a whole different ball game.

I unapologetically still hate micro kits,,,,,,,,,,, (and red drum kits too,, apart from Neil pearts tama kit,,,, best sounding kit he had.

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number

Oh man, you think you’re sad now wait until that bill for $3500 arrives. I can process most major insurance, though. Ever since the incident with the Nepalese yodeling midget dance troupe, I CAN’T work for free anymore - wife’ll kill me.

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
For jazz they work, if you were schlepping a kit all over NY you’d learn to LOVE micro kits. Obviously they fill a niche, but they fill it well.

This members kit sounds IN-credible, he’s got a few other vids too, a great sounding 10/13/16 included. Granted, his playing is damn good but so is the sound:

same size kit, 2 tunings

I don’t know man, that low tuning sounds pretty damn good too! Could be good for more than just a jazz kit. Get a little groove/funk action going on that 12/14/16 all day.

Oooo, how about a round badge Micro? That could be special. (Gretsch Brooklyn makes a micro too, pretty cool gray color with natural hoops and matching snare)

Gretsch Microbop Round Badge Tangerine Glass Glitter
https://reverb.com/item/25774282-gretsch-microbop-round-badge-tangerine-glass-glitter?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share
1582348529690.png

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lots of discussion,, I think everyone is ready for a "I hate splash cymbals" thread.
:thumbleft:

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
U

Using the word "hate" and "micro kits" in the same sentence is no cause for concern.
If you don't get that,, sorry you don't get it.

Using "hate" and "albanians" or "mother in-laws cooking" , in the same sentence is a whole different ball game.

I unapologetically still hate micro kits,,,,,,,,,,, (and red drum kits too,, apart from Neil pearts tama kit,,,, best sounding kit he had.
I'm coming to the conclusion that you're one of those guys that thinks they're being clever and funny when they're really being smug and condescending. You know, the non-apology apology where you think you're being understanding, and that by throwing a "sorry" in there it makes you look like a nice guy.
Sorry you don't get it.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's all about tuning. I like big kits to but they don't fit on small stages. I'm putting together a small kit now from parts of my older big kit for small stages. 9x10 rack tom, 13x14 rack tom in the floor tom position and a converted to bass 16x18. They sound amazing and big. I have to hold them back in low volume venues.

sherm

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I don't hate micro kits, although kicks less than 18" and tiny toms and snares don't live in my world, then you hear someone like this guy, micro sounding pretty damn good.https://youtu.be/b4n6CZYoDS0