I have also reached the SUMMIT!!! My new Summit Single Ply Mahogany snare!!

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, OK.... I promise not to bump a thread this old back top unless I have video next time... but I wonted to say that I got to play my new Summit Single ply mahogany snare live last time for the first time and it was pretty darn sweet! I have played it at home on the practice kit and used it out at a couple of rehersals, but this was it's first time in the actual wild.

It was a local date covering pop and classic rock hits from the 70-80's and being a VERY reflective room (the whole restaurant is tile, glass, steel and hard surfaces) I took my "quite" kit and cymbals (small end of my INDe shell bank with Sabian HH cymbals). What IS different is that my oh so tamed and volume trusted George Way Elkhart Copper snare spent then night on the floor giving my Summit Solid Mahogany center stage! A wonderfully dry yet warm tone that never got out of hand volume wise... so very pleased with this new drum!!! It feels so nice under the stick and has a couple of pretty defined sweet spots which is something I don't normally find in single ply snares.

I cant wait for the next gig and to continue exploring this great snare... in short, reach out to Gary and talk about your own new drum!!

20210423_174657 copy.jpg

Look at that poor GHW snare down on the floor all by it's self! The Summit was a surprisingly well behaved companion for the night under difficult conditions as well!

20210423_173932 copy.jpg

Mn02

Reaction score
The bearing edges look incredibly well done in the pictures. What are they, full round over? Beautiful drum. The craftsmanship and quality is clear.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bearing edges look incredibly well done in the pictures. What are they, full round over? Beautiful drum. The craftsmanship and quality is clear.
In my case, I told Gary to cut his preferred edge choice for my particular build, so BOTH edges are pretty strong round overs. I'm not going to lie, it's been a learning curve to see where the sweet spots are and I've had to put a little work in as I am not used to rounded bottoms on a snare at all. But the end result is a very dry and focused body while still maintaining a pretty darn articulate range. I will have my next one with 45's top and bottom but I would not change this one at all.

Mn02

Reaction score
In my case, I told Gary to cut his preferred edge choice for my particular build, so BOTH edges are pretty strong round overs. I'm not going to lie, it's been a learning curve to see where the sweet spots are and I've had to put a little work in as I am not used to rounded bottoms on a snare at all. But the end result is a very dry and focused body while still maintaining a pretty darn articulate range. I will have my next one with 45's top and bottom but I would not change this one at all.
A snare with round over edges is on my list of must trys.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Let's hear that thing!
I know, I need to get some footage but my challenge is posting it. I bought a camera last year (a Zoom Q2n 4K) and posted one video with it in the video section, but even then I had to have outside help to do so. My computer is so old that it does not have any editing software and will not even support anything in the 4K range of the camera. BUT that said, I will make an effort to record something with it and get the same guy to post it to my channel. It deserves more than my awful normal cell phone videos!