I have come to say goodbye to my drum brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacrich

For Bongo & JM :(
Reaction score
Still thinking of you my drum brother. Though we've never met, you are on my mind. Keep your spirits high my friend.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Do us a favor Jerry, check in when you can? We don't want to be worried that you've left us.

torydrum

One of the old farts...
Reaction score
Go in peace Jerry, knowing you have been loved by many.

With you and your family and friends. There is light at the end.

Drumjinx

Drum manufacturer
Reaction score
lossforgain said:
Do us a favor Jerry, check in when you can? We don't want to be worried that you've left us.
I am still here!
I am feeling pretty good today. It seems that the cancer is not progressing right now. I am not in remission but it is not getting worse. I have started Hospice at this point.
I am thankful for every day that I wake up. Cancer is a strange disease in that it decides when and what it will do...we are just along for the ride.
My doctors have no idea why it decides to level out like this but I will take it.
I am still humbled in the fact that members here continue to pray for me, ask about me, and send me such uplifting posts and PM's.
Thank you all for caring and the continued support. You are the very best of the best.
Jerry

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
Just made my day Jerry! Thanks for the update. Hoping to hear you're in remission soon. Fight on, brother!

Zickosman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good to see you're still around, Jerry. Though we have never met, I feel an affinity toward you. I am in remission for the time being. I will know more in a couple of weeks when I have a new PET scan. I know it is probably rough on you but please keep us posted on your condition if you can. There are a lot of people here who care about you.

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you today. And nice that your condition is giving you a little break. I thought of you yesterday when I posted a pic of my 6.5 fake NYC Acro--you were the one who showed me how to turn a run-of-the-mill blacro into a killer snare.
Sending positive energy your way, & hope that the universe treats you in a way you deserve. Go with the flow..........marko

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
Good to hear :) If you want to use this as your personal DFO thread then by all means do, personal or drum stuff. I was really tempted on that broze Supra you had, but did you, or did you not, sell the stainless Ludwig kit with all Mach lugs? I believe I sold you the 2 tom shells for that kit, and you had someone plug holes to an invisible finish. Really astounding work, as well as the fiberglass shell Citrus Mod kit, that one deserved more than the backpage of MD! Did you do any other fiberglass snares with Ludwig hardware?

biggator

DFO Star
Reaction score
After a couple of days without power (thanks, mister ice-storm).. it's good to check in and see a note from you, Jerry.

scottebones

Reaction score
I'm still new to the forum, but I just read your post. Through tears, I and my family will pray for you and yours. I have always believed that music is medicine. In this belief, most musicians are some of the best doctors on the planet.
May god bless you. Drum on..................

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
& You Dont Stop said:
Remember, Jerry any time is a good time to brush up on those rudiments!
Oh yeah. Doc, will I be able to play a fast flamadiddle now? Doc "I see no problem with that."....Funny, I never could before.

Speedy Keen

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Jerry and you are being thought of in Nebraska.

strumdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great hearing from you. We're thinking about you. It must be terrific to hear from your friends here, you have many.

Status
Not open for further replies.