I have no shame left 1 minute rudimentary solo

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Rather than say I'm going to start a diet, exercise, or REHABBING, I like to start 1st.
In May I just fought through thr pain by just stretching.
I was never supposed to run, and definitely not throw a football being I have titanium bars, and screws in my back.
Knowing it's unlikely most won't even view my video's I'll continue to post.
This should be possible, as I have Titanium bars, and screws in my lumbar spine.
What I'm doing in this video, along with my other rehab regiment is nothing short of a miracle at a few months shy of 50. For others who are having physical issues, don't quit. I had about given up, got depressed, really had trouble moving my feet.
When I can play again I'll know it by you guys 1st. I WILL play again!
Here's a few pics of what's going on in my back. And here's a video of something I was never supposed to do again.
After 4 years of basically losing it, this was a moment with my daughter I want to share. Also the reason my feet are starting to respond again.
This does have everything to do with playing drums, and life in general

20181123_114109.jpg
20181123_114012.jpg

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey man it was great! Keep at it but don’t fight through pain. That’s a bunch of manure about no pain no gain. When it works best is when you are comfortable. Right on!

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey man it was great! Keep at it but don’t fight through pain. That’s a bunch of manure about no pain no gain. When it works best is when you are comfortable. Right on!
You're right.
The thing is both my physical, and mental health really began to deteriorate. I had to do something, so I just forced myself to start stretching.
The 1st month of just shooting Free throws was causing me to get sn hour, or 2 of sleep per night.
I know where that opiate road would bring me, so I just hung in there.
I want to see my kids grow up, and have an active life with them.
Drumming always had brought me joy, and I wasn't going to quit. The way people began treating me as I deteriorated was awful. I will never judge someone by their appearance, health, or any of that not true again.
I did get lucky, as I didn't really damage myself.
That being said, I'm having fun with my daughter's for the 1st time.
I wasn't going to be around too long if I continued doing nothing. I had to start ood pressure meds, my cholesterol was at 395....I would trip while walking.
Again you are 100% correct, but I had to do something. I'm already having fun again. It was like being locked in prison, and my body was the prison

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just to clarify..."no pain, no gain" refers to muscular pain. It is a phrase most commonly used among bodybuilders and weightlifters. It's not a reference to be used when you are injured.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice work. I can't play like that and I'm not even injured!!
Lol. Thanks for the kind words. Have you ever gone through the Jim Chapin vid narrated by Dom Famularo? Once zi started working on that technique it became much easier. Now I need my foot to keep improving..
Can anyone suggest a good foot technique video? I've gone through s bunch, but still slow to respond