Reaction score
Yes; usually it's the "blue" one but the red one was all the internet had;
lucky I found that)

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That picture is hilarious.
Many times I have chortled to myself when I see some local drummer setting up a huge boom stand 18" away from the kit, only to boom the cymbal back in, when a light-weight straight stand would easily suffice.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
For me, the red stripe going right through the middle of that white wall makes the picture.

If that weren’t there, we wouldn’t even be discussing this photo.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think I'm getting too old for this forum. I'm getting embarrassed to admit I'm down to a four piece kit than I can fit in a car smaller than a Suburban.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many folks will know "Rube Goldburg". Your age is showing :)
My daughter was learning about those in school, maybe 5th or 6th grade. She was shocked I knew the phrase Rube Goldberg Machine when I saw a drawing. I automate things with software, so I just said, "Yeah, I build those for a living!"

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
I wonder how many folks will know "Rube Goldburg". Your age is showing :)
I caught the reference as well. I love Rube Goldberg, I adore his cartoons and his legacy.

I’ve been a devotee of newspaper comic strips (magazine single-panels too) for almost all of my life, certainly of those going back to well before I was born.

The highest award given annually by the National Cartoonists Society is the Reuben, named in honor of him. The award statue itself is based on one of his drawings.

6236C980-CA9F-4B1D-A878-1B12C4A1276F.gif

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My daughter was learning about those in school, maybe 5th or 6th grade. She was shocked I knew the phrase Rube Goldberg Machine when I saw a drawing. I automate things with software, so I just said, "Yeah, I build those for a living!"
This dude sure knows about them