I joined a Pink Floyd tribute. Videos of the first gig... (It went great)

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ive been working with a PF tribute for the last month or two.. Originally I was casually asked if I wanted to play with them, I said yes, And went there to jam some tunes... Didnt hear back for a while, Didnt know if I should actually be working on tunes... And then was surprised one day to get a text "can you make it to practice tonight" (I was like damn guys, I wish you told me YESTERDAY so I could pack my drums in the car as to not have to go home after work to get to practice, lol)

This is our first gig anyway.. There are some things to iron out still.. We messed up a few transitions/endings etc, But I dont think the crowd could even tell. The guy on keys is fairly new to the band, Too, So he still needs to work out some of the sound effect samples and such

Brain Damage

Time

Great Gig in the sky

Shine on you crazy diamond

Learning to fly (We do the live version from "Delicate sound of Thunder", and The very beginning and very end got cut off of the recording)

Band website https://www.darksidetribute.com/

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice job.... thanks for sharing the band vids!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, that is sweet as honey BBeyer! Nice gig to land, I just wanted every vid and really enjoyed myself.

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man, that is sweet as honey BBeyer! Nice gig to land, I just wanted every vid and really enjoyed myself.
Thanks! It will be a great gig to have, Although its way more actual work than any other band Ive been with. We have to get there very early and set up the lighting rigging and the round screen etc.. AND stay for a long time after the gig to tear it down and get it into the trailer

Heres another clip..

Last edited: