I just Hydro-Dipped my drums to repaint them!

Funkster

Reaction score
That is bloody amazing! I thought I had heard of every possible way to finish drums but, that is wild. Woodstock! Jimi Hendrix Experience. I bet Mitch Mitchell would have loved something like that. Man, half the drummers making music back in the 60's would have done that. I have to check out that link. Very cool. Talk about psychedelic. One of kind. How can you go wrong? I definitely have to try that someday.
Thanks Ref! Yeah, Definitely can get the Psych vibes going! :)

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
I have some pdps with the black lacquer finish. Do you think that paint would stick to that finish if I did a sanding with some fine grit paper? Would like to get a wild black and white looking kit. The all black just bores me.

Funkster

Reaction score
I have some pdps with the black lacquer finish. Do you think that paint would stick to that finish if I did a sanding with some fine grit paper? Would like to get a wild black and white looking kit. The all black just bores me.
Not an expert, but I would guess as long as you did some sanding it would probably work. One thing I meant to mention in my post and video that I meant to was that for the drums as you can see in the vid the base was white, but for the hoops I used the neon pink as the base, and for what I was going for I dug that a lot more. Best of luck! :)

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dude! Looks great, and they sound AMAZING.... On my phone, even!

Great sounding room!