header.nohb.html

I Just posted a compilation video of of my 50th Reunion gig last May.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
At Miami Springs High School 50th that my old band, World of Matter, played in May in Ft. Lauderdale. I used my Summit mahogany kit I had Gary build for that gig. WARNING, we did cover Mustang sally. It takes up a minute and change in the video (thank goodness). I did the video mixing. The audio from the front of house mix recorded off the board.

groovemastergreg

Reaction score
Excellent. This is inspiring. I’m glad you got to do this. Dang. You gotta play mustang sally!

My high school band played our 25th reunion in 2003. We had a ringer because our already excellent lead guitarist had graduated from North Texas State then graduated from GIT in early 80s post college and then taught at GIT until the time we did our gig. Everyone in our band had kept gigging so we were in shape. We’re all still alive and playing as I approach our 45th anny. Maybe we will be able to do like you and play our 50th as well.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Excellent. This is inspiring. I’m glad you got to do this. Dang. You gotta play mustang sally!

My high school band played our 25th reunion in 2003. We had a ringer because our already excellent lead guitarist had graduated from North Texas State then graduated from GIT in early 80s post college and then taught at GIT until the time we did our gig. Everyone in our band had kept gigging so we were in shape. We’re all still alive and playing as I approach our 45th anny. Maybe we will be able to do like you and play our 50th as well.
The biggest thing was that we didn’t want to suck. A couple of the main singers unfortunately,have lost their magic, but on the whole, after playing together maybe 10 times since 2007, we did ok. I and one of the keyboard players (not the one on the Hammond) didn’t get any rehearsals in. Luckily, the core of the band, including me, have kept at it.

And regarding Mustang Sally, the guy that sang it, insisted on doing it. That and I Feel Good. Uggg… But the key for us was to provide music that the crowd would like…and they did. Some people told me that the band was the only reason why they came. Hopefully, we didn’t disappoint.

Thanks for checking it out.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Great job Dan! Would have been cool to do the gig with these (though this price is crazy high for a set of 60's blue sparkle Ludwig drums).

1670430753251.png

membertwo

Reaction score
Great playing, and thanks for sharing the video. That band looks like a blast to play in, and you look happy behind your kit. Cheers

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Great job Dan! Would have been cool to do the gig with these (though this price is crazy high for a set of 60's blue sparkle Ludwig drums).

View attachment 596366

Especially since it was my first drumset! Me in 1967 or 8 I think.

1967DannyonludwigsWOM.jpg

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just spent 20 minutes with a smile on the face... the band has a lot of strong parts for not being together in so long but you killed it my man and the Summit's were smokin'. Is that your Tama Erskine snare?

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Thanks so much and yes, the Erskine snare! Just spent 20 minutes with a smile on the face... the bad has a lot of strong parts for not being together in so long but you killed it my man and the Summit's were smokin'. Is that your Tama Erskine snare? Perfect size for the gig since I brought it with me from california.