header.nohb.html

I like the drummer but can’t stand the band

Talktotommy

Reaction score
I like Steve Smith but don’t really care for Journey.
Do you guys have bands that you really don’t like except for the drummer or the reverse -a band you like but don’t like the drummer.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Never listened to a lick of Iron Maiden, but man Nicko McBrain sure seems a charming likeable guy.

Come to think of it, this is actually quite easy for me:

Much respect, but while I appreciate that the Stones speak a language that's not my own, I always enjoy Charlie Watts interviews and have a lot of respect for him.

OTOH, I've no respect for Styx whatsoever (I call them the band that ruined Prog for the rest of us), but Todd Sucherman seems like somebody I'd want to hang around.

Conclusion: While everyone certainly has bands we don't care for, drummers universally are a great bunch of people no matter who they play with.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I’ll use the Steve Smith example but the question is for those that are answering. What are the other bands or albums you like that the drummer has played on?

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiter Shade of Pale aside - BJ Wison with Procol Harem

Dave Mattacks - Fairport Convention

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Meshuggah / Tomas Haake

All that screaming doesn't do it for me but that dude is a MONSTER drummer.
Truly a monster! I'm not a fan of that style of vocalization either, but the rest of the band are phenomenal. I have a few of Meshuggah's CD's as well.

Last edited:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Billy Cobham - don't like most of the stuff he's played on, but love his drumming. The exception: "Also Sprach Zarathustra", by Deodato.
That is one track I've listened to A LOT !!! My friends and I have this game where we do some "song battles". We play each other songs until the dude/dudette who comes up with the most exciting/surprizing one wins. This song has been my secret weapon in a few instances: it screams "VICTORY!!!"