I LOVE THE MASTERS , BUT I HAVE MY OWN GROOVES AND BEATS THAT ARE ALL MINE , TOO

bonsritmos

Reaction score

For sure , ive been influenced by all the masters on drums . But, a long while back , I started coming up with my own beats and grooves . Ones that I have played with groups , and, recorded in the studio for records that have been played on the radio .

Sometimes it gets frustrating that every beat you do on the drums has someone who innovated it . I mean its wonderful copying the masters and , Max Roach would say , anyone playing the "splang a lang " beat with hi hat on two and four was 3/4 Papa Jo Jones . So , I love getting inspired to create my own beats. There are a few sambas here , but, the rest are my own beats , trying them right hnaded , left handed , its a work in progress .

bonsritmos

Reaction score
thank you guys for watching and commenting

im not sure if it is an ed thigpin crystal ride, its sabian no cup. i really like ed thigpin , ill see if his name is on the cymbal if its not rubbed off. the kit is from the studio , the ride and crash are mine

finding my own grooves , really keeps the fire burning inside as i get older. its something to inspire me to sit on the drums every day . i also keep practicing the standard grooves also

bonsritmos

Reaction score
drumming bulldog , haha i checked the cymbal , it is the "Ed Thigpen " model

i love this no cup cymbal , the sound is great , it can go in the overhead bin of an airplane ( maybe not now ,i send it in the suitcase to travel light on the plane).