I need a serviceable 20" bass drum bag ........

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
doesn't have to be pretty, just intact ....... and hopefully without the "foam cancer" that has overtaken the bag I donated to our local jazz festival several years ago. I'm in NorCal, Healdsburg to be exact ...... and the drum in question is a Pearl "World Series" 18x14". I like the bass drum bag to fit ...... generously!

Anyone? Hopefully nearby ........... ??

Thanks!

Mike

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'll be watching this thread Mike as I need a 20" bag as well. I recently got a used 20" Tuxedo bag from a friend that must have been designed by a guy who never had to use it. The zipper doesn't allow the bag to open enough to slide the drum into it. You can only pull the bag down over the drum which is a real pain.

Last edited:

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, my need is pretty pedestrian ...... the drums that belong to the Festival get used only a few times per year. Mostly storage .......... But this year, I had to let others tech the drums because I was indisposed; the bag has deteriorated to the point where I'm frankly embarrassed!

I really like the Protection Racket bags, or the Beato bags. I have a couple of the H&B bags and agree with your criticism; they are well-made, but the zipper should open all the way around to allow the top to lay over and open the bottom completely. I use the "pull the bag over" trick often with my Tuxedo!

But for this bag ........... I ain't fussy!

M.

jakeo

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Yamaha 20 and am using an Ahead 22 bag and it works for me. Really easy to pack up and the oversize is not a big deal.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this bag after having owned these bags before. Super smooth HD zippers and double stitching and a reasonable price. It is $10 less than their 14x20" bag----with 16x20" being less popular...gives you better pricing. I put a 14x18" in mine....extra room but who cares.

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 20x14 Protection Racket bag I don't need anymore, given I sold the Gretsch that went in it. Its in great shape though so probably wont be giving it away - these things are expensive now! and odds are pretty good I'll be getting another 20 at some point. Bonus though is I'm just a bit south of you in Santa Cruz, you doing a beach day anytime soon? Shame I was in your neighborhood 2 weeks ago. My guess is shipping is insulting right now, and I'm sure the big box stores would give it to you for free. Just putting it out there.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Check out Barton drum bags, nice bags for the price. I'm not sure if they do bags for the deeper sizes though. Do a search, there is a long multi page thread on these bags from a while back.