I need mallets for cymbals.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For symphony gigs, I use Ron Vaughn cymbal mallets, hands down, no comparison. Yarn marimba mallets and timpani mallets work, but using timpani mallets will give you more of a muffled impact.
But, if on a budget, or one needs fewer mallets for the bag, etc... There is always the Louie Bellson mallet/stick.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just take large felts and hot glue them on to the butt of a stick or cut the should off and glue them on works great

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vic Firth T1 Tympani Mallets work beautifully as cymbal mallets. Although they’re designed for tympani, they’re soft ‘enough’ for cymbal swells. The Zildjian mallets should work.

Swissward Flamtacles

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I've never tried that but when the hammer felts of a piano become older, the sound of the piano can become a bit piercing. Puncturing the felts with a needle helps to make the sound less aggressive. Maybe this works with felt mallets as well.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the John Reilly Mallet- Sticks....I can flip them back around while being able to use the mallet side for cymbals. And the stick size feels like a 5A. Previously I was using the Promark SD12...Too Heavy