I picked up a Rogers Champagne Sparkle Kit

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Some Rogers Champagne Sparkle goodness for your enjoyment (surrounded by some monster musicians):

I just checked this out and the playing is great. I took a closer look and the drummer is actually playing a Ludwig champagne set with Rogers hardware attached to it like Ringo had. Very cool video!

sternerp

Reaction score
I got a Cleaveland tag Champagne Sparkle 20,12 and matching Powertone with a 16 Ludwig Champagne 68 Floor Tom. It came with 14" Zildjain Hats, 20" Zildjain Ride and a 18" Zilco Crash. The cymbal stand is a Ludwig and the Hi Hat stand is a W&A. I'm not sure what the throne is. They are in AMAZING condition.

Here's the kicker. I bought them from the original owner and he bought everything together new except for the floor tom. He bought the FT a couple years later.

I'm planning on Fliping them, but here's the delima. The kit has been together 50+ years. Do I sell it as is or to I break it up? The Rogers drums would stay together and everything else would be sold indivually. View attachment 492173 View attachment 492174 View attachment 492175 View attachment 492176 View attachment 492177 View attachment 492178 View attachment 492179
The mixed set looks perfectly matched in the photos. How close does the Ludwig match when you look at them?

rstange1

Reaction score
I just checked this out and the playing is great. I took a closer look and the drummer is actually playing a Ludwig champagne set with Rogers hardware attached to it like Ringo had. Very cool video!
Dang! You have good eyes! As if being fooled by a magician's slight of hand, after seeing the mounting hardware on the small tom, I just *saw* Rogers everywhere.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Dang! You have good eyes! As if being fooled by a magician's slight of hand, after seeing the mounting hardware on the small tom, I just *saw* Rogers everywhere.

Actually my eyes are really starting to suck. I just turned 50 in December and have had to use cheaters for a while now. I just happened to catch the classic lugs on the 12" tom.

XDrums

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Rogers kit. I have the same situation with a Pearl Session Session Studio Classic. I’ve been trying to sell this locally for a few months with all hardware but no takers. I don’t really want to pack up and ship as it’s a hassle but may have to. I’ve also thought about buying the snare and keeping it and selling my PDP X7 Maple kit. Not sure what I should do as I don’t want to store multiple odds and ends. I’m sure the vintage kit would sell a lot quicker pieced out.

Attachments

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is the Ludwig floor tom a good match sonically? Like when you are getting into it you don't even think about it?

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
check it out -