I think I have a bruised or broken rib from a bike crash. Gigging was tough!

Soulfinger

Reaction score
Ouch, I feel for you.
Been there, done that a couple of years ago when the front wheel of my fixed gear got caught in a gap in the pavement. Bruised my right side ribs - doctor said a good bruise actually hurts more than a broken rib. I´m inclined to believe him. :)
Takes a couple of weeks to go away. And yeah, sneezing or laughing is no fun at all.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Be glad you didn't break one! Bruised is bad enough. My ex broke a rib falling over a telephone poll being used as a parking header in a lot once. Fell face forward with her hands underneath her and that's what did it. First time I ever saw her cry she was in so much pain. I feel for ya, Dan. Get well, brother. It just takes time.

dingaling

Reaction score
Bass player for Mars Vilta and other top bands Juan Alderete also recently was in a bicycle accident. He ended up in a comma. Hoping he gets better. He was wearing a helmet and he was the only one involved in the accident.

Drm1979

Reaction score
Man good luck. Hope you feel better soon. Never broke a rib, but I did break my shin bones on my bass leg clean in 2 when I was 17. Rehabbing that was rough. Took me 8 months to heal. 20 years later still have pops and cracks in my knee and ankle but still grooving.

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
OMG, Dan... Good luck on the recovery. Dang it, it's so much slower and harder as we get older...