I want to have my daughter decorate a snare....(Paints, top coat etc)

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
My 10 Year old daughter loves to draw....really into dragons right now. I think it would be cool to have her do something like this sketch she did on each panel of a snare.

My first thought is that I'd like something different, maybe a vintage keller mahogany shell and have her use a gold paint pen. I'd assume I could use a lacquer over the paint pen without messing it up? or other suggestions?

Attachments

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Following.
I guess you could contact Bum Wrap about having her drawings done on a wrap...not sure if that makes things easier or harder.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Test the spray lacquer over paint pen on something else first. Lacquers don’t always play well with others. Try Krylon crystal clear if that doesn’t work. Cool dragon!

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool project. I'm thinking that doing the art work in glittering paint pen would be nice. Maybe even use the same type of pen for giving the figures fill-in colors, as well.

Please keep us current on your progress.

GeeDeeEmm

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool project. I'm thinking that doing the art work in glittering paint pen would be nice. Maybe even use the same type of pen for giving the figures fill-in colors, as well.

Please keep us current on your progress.

GeeDeeEmm
Yeah, might be cool to just let her go hog wild on it and cover the whole drum. Will do a test piece for sure

kallen49

Reaction score
I painted my micro kit with oil paints in a “starry night” motive (which should last for decades or more). I had to wait a few months before applying a protective varnish.
Currently painting a restored club date 20” and considering having all five of my grandkids trace their hands and use that as a design. Will use oils again (acrylics are much easier to paint with but not as durable),
You could have your daughter trace her hand on some panels and still use her dragon?

Last edited: