I want to make live loops with the EAD10. Anyone have a suggestion for a looper?

GoJaskill

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have:

Drums

A Yamaha EAD10

A Behringer Keyboard amp/PA

I want to play the EAD, and make loops of that audio, and send it to that PA. Now I'm sure I could do this by sending EAD audio to my Ditto Mini and go from there, but I'd rather have something that can:

Make multiple, separate loops

Be controlled by something separate that can trigger the stop/start/record function. Preferably something I can hit with a stick. Which probably means that this looper will need to use MIDI in some way (I'm new to the world of MIDI, so I'd need some hand-holding there as well).

Anyone done this? Gimme your thoughts!

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The most flexible way to do this is with Ableton - infinite loops, fully midi mappable. That requires a computer and audio interface though, so it might not be a direction you want to go in.

For dedicated hardware, I’ve had luck with the Boss “tabletop” loopers - either the RC202 for two tracks, or the RC505 for five.

simedgoose

Reaction score
I would agree that Ableton is the 'best' option (finances and practicalities allowing) but you would NOT need a separate interface as the EAD is a class compliant interface in itself. Just connect the EAD to the computer with a USB cable, and find the EAD as the audio input and output and away you go.

If you want to go 'conventional' looper, then anything will work - I have used (and have got) the Ditto looper and it works great.