I was fortunate

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
I met George in high school band as a fellow drummer. He turned me on to Woody Herman, Si Zentner and others swing greats. I loved Jake Hanna. We saw Basie together when we were co stage band drummers. George's mother worked at Tarpleys' music store too. I introduced George to his future wife of 55 years. George and Carolyn adopted five special needs babies over time. Greta was supposed to die at 13 or so, but is still alive in her 40s. George and I stayed in touch often after cell phones and unlimited minutes came about. I am so glad I talked him into going to his 50th class reunion. We had a great time. George died suddenly Saturday morning. I was hollow, then depressed and mainly irritable today. I have had friends pass, of course, but losing a drummer friend like George is extra hard. He had a big heart and was totally honest about everything. Here is a toast to George. He had a good life. Ace

drummingbulldog

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss and I know what you mean. One of my best friends passed a little over 2 years ago and he too was a drummer. It's weird but any friends loss sucks but when you share music and drums it hurts worse to me.

Sean

Latest posts