header.nohb.html

I wonder what that drummer did to make JB punish him so mean

EyeByTwoMuchGeer

Reaction score
Any chance for a time stamp for those without the 15min to watch this totally crushing performance?

I saw JB in what had to be one of his last performances before he died and he got pissed at the keyboard player and stopped the show, pulled the guy off the keys, showed him what he wanted played, apologized to the crowd, and then counted it back in like a boss.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Perhaps James Brown was as OCD about drumhead placement as the rest of us on DFO.

I bet the poor guy was more careful next time.

PremierSecondary.png

Soulfinger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Perhaps James Brown was as OCD about drumhead placement as the rest of us on DFO.

I bet the poor guy was more careful next time.

View attachment 584979
Damn! I was just about to write the same. :-D
"You know, I can tolerate those tom angles. But that logo is a no go! You won´t get to play tonight!"

EyeByTwoMuchGeer

Reaction score
Any chance for a time stamp for those without the 15min to watch this totally crushing performance?

I saw JB in what had to be one of his last performances before he died and he got pissed at the keyboard player and stopped the show, pulled the guy off the keys, showed him what he wanted played, apologized to the crowd, and then counted it back in like a boss.

Oh. Ha. Now that I watched it I totally see the other dude never plays. Ugh. Haha

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe his left shoe didn't match his right shoe , Brown was always leveling fines on his band for stuff like that . Maybe Bootsy slipped something into his ginger ale ... he knew what the drums were , but didn't understand what they were for .

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Who was the 2nd drummer with Jabo? Clyde left in 1970. I can't find a good reference anywhere of who played drums for James Brown and when.

Nyama74

Reaction score

jb111

Reaction score
This is epic peak form JB. Incredible! Maybe Tiger was still learning the set? Not sure how long before this Clyde had split.

I like his take on Sex Machine, but it's just not the same as Jabo's groove.