header.nohb.html

ID help - unlabeled crash

StewartCropeland

Reaction score
Got this a cymbal year or two ago with a Sonor kit from late 90s that I think was the seller's kid's in high school. Came with a Sabian Hand Hammered HH bounce ride, the top half of an El Sabor hi-hat and a random Sound Source bottom. I don't actually like the sound of this crash that much, but I'm curious if anything about it says "decent cymbal"; pattern on the bottom looks a little more interesting than the typical random no-name. 16", 1184g, pretty sure there's no stamp. I'll try to take a video playing it; not looking for definitive answer, just thoughts from the more experienced. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0769 unknown crash.JPG
    DSC_0769 unknown crash.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0768 unknown crash.JPG
    DSC_0768 unknown crash.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0770 unknown crash top.JPG
    DSC_0770 unknown crash top.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

AGentry

Reaction score
Could it be from a Sabian vault tour? I have a hi hat bottom they made for me from a blank and it has a made in Canada sticker on the bottom. It was lathed and hammered right there so of course there wasn’t a stamp.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hard to make an educated guess from the picture, but theres a good chance its a wuhan/agazarian or other chinese label. Hand hammered, stampless, and a lot more likely to have their ink removed than most cymbals. A lot of them sound great, a lot don’t