I'd say this is rare. If it's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You guys are driving yourselves crazy. I am the one who ended up with this drum. I will fill you in with the details as soon as I get it in my hands.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
....To me the whole point of owning such a rare drum would be "bragging rights" but then to buy it in a way that alienates a good portion of the vintage drum collecting community sort of negates that potential..."look at my cool drum...Oh so you're the a****** that snagged it under the table...#%*&!". Of course it's just as likely that the buyer could care less what anyone else thinks and is just happy about his "score" (although if he really paid $6K then that's perhaps not the right term).

Definitely a cool drum and one I pretty much assumed was destined to end up in Bun's mod Ludwig collection. I'm sorry that it didn't as then maybe some of the rest of us would occasionally get a chance to see it in person.

You're kidding right Kev? That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read here. So collecting is solely for social posturing. Hum. I for one am gladly not in that category nor do I believe most of the collectors here are either. If you had said it would be a shame that the drum is in the hands of someone who won't play it, I could understand (I don't agree but I understand) but your sentiment is odd to say the least coming from you.

And why must the buyer be an Ahole if he has the means to own such an rarity? Certainly there are a few unmentionables here that have very deep, unforgiving pockets to own such a drum. Heck, one in particular is very vocal about this.

If you want something bad enough and you can afford the expense, why is it forbidden to do whatever has to be done to achieve your goal?

Let's face it, most of us couldn't even think about bidding on this particular drum so why do the turn of events irk so many?
No I don't think collecting drums is about social posturing, but I do think that one aspect of collecting anything is all about having stuff that others do not have. Perhaps that aspect of it is hidden below the surface in most instances but it is there. That is one reason why rare collectible items bring more money than more common items....I have this...and you don't.

And I didn't mean that the person who bought this drum is an a-hole because they own it or because they were able to afford to pay whatever amount to get it. I merely meant that the way things ended has apparently alienated some fellow members of the collecting community. There does seem to be some evidence of that in some posts placed after the auction concluded. Of course we don't know what actually went down so maybe I'm all wrong about this. Maybe it was all the seller's doing.

Just my opinion. Please remember that the above post (and this one...and pretty much all of them) are purely stream of consciousness ramblings going from my feeble brain to the keyboard and then out to be belittled by the world at large...so don't take them too seriously.

Reaction score
Whoever got the drum, got the drum. I think it's real. I think the auction went weird. I think the fuss has got a bit much, partially my fault too! I'm glad if Vincent or whoever got it. They must've really wanted it! Hearty congratulations to the new owner. As for the value, if it costs a zillion bucks, a rising tide lifts all boats. Yahoo!!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
You guys are driving yourselves crazy. I am the one who ended up with this drum. I will fill you in with the details as soon as I get it in my hands.
Well congrats to you. That's probably one of two or three of a kind or perhaps even one of a kind :notworthy:

Let us know if there is black panther underneath that citrus. :wink:

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I apologize Bun, and to anyone else who had an interest on this one, I didn't mean to step on any toes. This turned out to be a very interesting transaction to say the least.

allspine

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I apologize Bun, or to anyone else who had an interest on this one, I didn't mean to step on any toes. This turned out to be a very interesting transaction to say the least.
If you will give me the drum when you get it, all will be forgiven.

mardigras

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
congrats vince... hope to see it and you at the show this year!!! B)

Jerry Hendrix

Reaction score
So, now that we know you got it, would you mind giving at least a ballpark idea of how much it cost you? I know it was more than 3109.00!

royal ace

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The following comment will probably arouse the ire of some, but I can't resist... here goes... I think it's funny and ironic that a cheesy little drum which no serious player would opt to actually play arouses such lust. Yes, I know.. It's RARE!
However, IMHO, it's an inferior musical instrument. :eek:

Ron

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
The following comment will probably arouse the ire of some, but I can't resist... here goes... I think it's funny and ironic that a cheesy little drum which no serious player would opt to actually play arouses such lust. Yes, I know.. It's RARE!

Ron

I don't think you know what you're talking about. There's probably a Black Panther wrap under that nasty finish and that makes the drum sound so much better. :occasion5:

Jerry Hendrix

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but i don't think it's anyones business.
Right you are. But I didn't think it would be out of line to ask in light of the fact that many people were trying to win it in a legitimate, above-board auction before it was taken off EBay against the rules.
I mean, hey, we already know it was for over 3109.00, so it's no secret that it cost a lot of money. A lot of people here were making fun of the fact that it was selling for anywhere near the prices that were illegally cancelled by the seller so that you could have it. All I can figure is that it must have been a sizable amount But since you are a forum member, no one will make fun of any of it now.

I'm confident that you will eventually tell someone who will tell someone else who will start a rumor about someone who told someone else the price. It's just a matter of time before it becomes common knowledge. ;) Congratulations on the groovy snare drum in any case!

royal ace

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Ron

I don't think you know what you're talking about. There's probably a Black Panther wrap under that nasty finish and that makes the drum sound so much better. :occasion5:
Of course! I hadn't thought of that... makes all the difference! :lol: :lol:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score

Ron
ron

why would you even say this? just to stir things up? what about that drum would be cheesy and not proper for a serious drummer to play?

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts