header.nohb.html

Ideas for fixing this Rogers cymbal tilter?

drumbar

Reaction score
Had fun drilling out the roll pin on this Memriloc Big R era cymbal stand. Broke a few bits too. Pin doesn't go all the way through so that was fun. But was able to finally remove the cymbal post. So any ideas on a DIY replacement of that cymbal stud? Maybe some all thread? Or ??? There wasnt enough of the broken stud to attach anything to it (like one of those aquarian springs). Ideas???

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 42

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Don't know how you are set up for tooling, but this is what I did to a couple of broken Rogers cymbal stand tops. The left one has the original 1/4-20 threads and the right one has 8 mm threads. The inserts were made on a lathe and were roll pinned into place with some epoxy to fill any excess gaps. Of course, in my case the roll pins went all the way through the part so were easy to remove.
You could do the fix that premierplayer suggested or an alternative would be to buy a 1/4-20 coupling nut (Home Depot) and grind half of it round to fit into the stand top and then use a small piece of 1/4-20 all-thread to complete it. Either fix would work fine depending on if you want to keep the stand threads original or not.

Rogers cymbal stand top.jpg

drumbar

Reaction score
These are great ideas. It inspired me... i had this old tilter from a 1980 ludwig stand, which had broken off the stand. So I hacksawed the upper section of the cymbal post and it nearly fits into the rogers hole.....nearly. The hole is slightyl too small. my 3/8 drill bit was too small, so I had to order a 25/64ths drill bit. Hope that enlarges the hole just enough for me to jam the post into it, with some epoxy. Thanks everyone!!