if aliens had to come here and farm every snare drum on the planet but you were allowed to keep one....which would it be?

fivestarkid

Reaction score
i dont live on here like some people. had no idea this has been asked multiple times. i asked because i have many snares and at times i think about just going down to one as impossible as that sounds to me. figured maybe someone would list a snare that i have or a new one that i dont and that could be the one? and the decluttering begins......maybe!

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont live on here like some people. had no idea this has been asked multiple times. i asked because i have many snares and at times i think about just going down to one as impossible as that sounds to me. figured maybe someone would list a snare that i have or a new one that i dont and that could be the one? and the decluttering begins......maybe!
Even better reasons to use the search engine! Point by point!

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
5x14 Noble & Cooley Maple SS. Best snare drum I have ever played - everything from rock to orchestra. It sets the bar.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
If they're farming snare drums givem your best. Don't you remember the Irish potato famine?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
continuing the alien theme I'd ask the Aliens what ever happened to these guys

do you still have them and how are they doing

(I'll find the snare thread for you)

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
many of us have multiple snares. but if you had to keep just one.....which would it be and why?
Here
is the thread most recent (meaning within last 9 days..)

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My Ludwig Trasition badge Oyster Pink Pearl Jazz Festival.

Why? Cause I was lucky enough to stumble across this snare once but the chances of finding another would be pretty slim.

audiochurch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My Ludwig Black Magic 6.5” Stainless Steel. It has been through so many gigs, demo recordings, practice sessions, lessons, styles of music, and mojo. Still looks brand new too. Will one day be a relic on this forum.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to get to see people's favorite snares, but maybe a better approach would be a list of your snares and asking which one(s) we'd keep if we were you, if you're trying to whittle down your collection. Otherwise, the replies may or may not have much to do with what you already have.

People are happy to show their favorite snares, over and over and over, and pictures without sound and no drum in front of you aren't going to help much. Maybe that helps.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
continuing the alien theme I'd ask the Aliens what ever happened to these guys

do you still have them and how are they doing

(I'll find the snare thread for you)
I really wonder what happened to this band.
edit: WOW!
09BE93C3-6A52-4733-9F30-0E06EAE02A8B.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: JDA