if aliens had to come here and farm every snare drum on the planet but you were allowed to keep one....which would it be?

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have tons of illegal aliens here. Are you referring to Space aliens or Illegal aliens? Anyhow neither will not have possession of my beater '70s Premier brass-shelled snare.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
many of us have multiple snares. but if you had to keep just one.....which would it be and why?
Hi fivestarkid,

I happily answer this question each time it's asked, no worries.

My opinion changes from time to time, but for a while it would be this...

2012 Gretsch USA Custom Stanton Moore Signature Model.

1613857609757.png

moonbabie

Reaction score
The question is what would you do if they showed up to take your favorite snare? Simple,I’d beat it. There not getting my bob snare.

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Aliens! Honestly I don’t know if I could pick anything fast enough to get those aliens out of here whichever one they want they can have!

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would probably just hide a shell and parts to put a new one together. If that gets the aliens away quicker, I’m willing to sacrifice.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
continuing the alien theme I'd ask the Aliens what ever happened to these guys

do you still have them and how are they doing

(I'll find the snare thread for you)

I'd ask the aliens to return Elvis.

:idea1: Everyone around here farms crops and livestock, but Aliens know how to farm Snare Drums?! :hello1::occasion9:
IF that's anything like farming cattle that will put all the drum makers out of business!

:scratch: I wonder what kind of combine you need to harvest them.

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::tongue10::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

David M Scott

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
many of us have multiple snares. but if you had to keep just one.....which would it be and why?
My latest.. Mapex Brass Cat. Super sensitive, dual snare adj and fact it can broadcast big or small without annoying ring requiring muffling.
I have Osteo but the Cat makes it seem like I'm young again, especially l.h. / trad grip.. rolls, snaps, fills etc

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to only keep one drum it would be my 7”x14” 15ply DW 100% Santos Rosewood Snare. Even though it’s deep, it’s versatile enough for almost everything I play. It‘s loud, has a wide tuning range, and looks stunning!

WLVN

Reaction score
I'm an alien... please send me all of your unwanted snare drums immediately to:
42 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Zorg Crater District, Mars 10e6

I would keep the most expensive one I own. 1974 B/O Ludwig LM402 ($125.00 new). I couldn't justify keeping anything more expensive with my level of talent.