If You Could Play Drums for One Night with One Group, Who Would It Be?

severed lips

Reaction score
Rocket From the Crypt - because I could hit as hard as I want.

or

Dinosaur jr. - I already know all the songs so I could slide right in.

kidfods88

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I had you pegged for the Buddy Rich Big Band!

;)
I'm diggin' the RUSH vibe. I can play most of Peart's lines with minimal gaffs. The only one that REALLY gives me a hard time is the solo from "Moving Pictures". The trips kick my ass every time. and I absolutely LOVE Buddy Rich!

kidfods88

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm diggin' the RUSH vibe. I can play most of Peart's lines with minimal gaffs. The only one that REALLY gives me a hard time is the YYZ solo from "Moving Pictures". The trips kick my ass every time. and I absolutely LOVE Buddy Rich!

Paistekid

Reaction score
these guys/this band
DE8C3A62-D2F7-4430-8916-601485C99882.jpeg

Last edited:

Slingwig26

Reaction score
1970’s era The WHO. I would use my Classic Maple (natural maple) kit. 20/16/14/12/10, but my Slingerland Sound King COB snare. Paiste Giant Beats - 15” top with 602 SE bot. (1) 18” (2) 20’s a 20” 2002 china and a 70’s (22”) 2002 Ride.
The energy, the bombast, they sounded like machinery. Loved them. Great live band.
Also,
late70’s / early 80’ The Kinks. I would use Mick’s Sonor kit and cymbals.
They really rocked, were tight yet raw and changed some of the older material up a bit. Plus, ring side seats to the Davies bros. dust ups.

of course, 70’s Led Zeppelin, Stainless Steel kit.

like the Energizer Bunny, I could keep boing and going.

Last edited:

moonbabie

Reaction score
Great post! I’d have to say my old group (Sheena). And if I could get greedy it would be the gig at beggars opera…man that night was magic.

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, for me it would probably be the Glenn Miller Orchestra. Back when I was a kid starting out, "In the Mood" was like the coolest song and the Glenn Miller Orchestra the coolest band. I never got to play with all that brass or wearing those great 1940s' suits, so I'd like to do it.

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rolling Stones without a doubt. It's been my fantasy for decades. I'm very "schooled" in their music and changes to Charlie's style and feel over the years. I think I can do my own thing and it would fit in just fine. Any era would work for me. My 2 yr old Ludwig Classic Maple in SBP is gig worthy and ready to hit the stage. At least that's my fantasy, reality might prove different.

Last edited:

C Ce

Reaction score
Would have to be Heart and/ or Journey just for the sheer fun of it! Love the music! I play it but the dynamics of being able to play with those musicians live….that’s some feeling and sheer energy

Mtwhite

Reaction score
I started playing drums along with the 8-track of Frampton Comes Alive, I’d have to say that band during that era and John’s kit.

BobDrummer

Reaction score
Too many for only one. In no particular order:

Rush (up to probably ASOH)
Kansas
Styx
Genesis (through Duke)
Spock’s Beard and anything else Neal Morse is doing
Deep Purple
Jethro Tull
Sweet
Heart