If You Could Play Drums for One Night with One Group, Who Would It Be?

SKSMITH

Reaction score
Three bands, two local, one international.
The Bishops from Alton, IL. Favorite local band of all time, and just missed an opportunity to join in the late 80's. I was in another band and supposedly they didn't to take me away from them.
Small Ball Paul for St. Louis, MO. Another one that I just missed out on because I was in another band, and they picked the former drummer for The Bishops!
Truth is, maybe I just wasn't talented enough?
And finally, The Clash! After Topper was kicked out, instead of them bringing Terry Chimes back. That would've been a blast, considering I was 16 or 17 at the time.

Franklin Nigel Stein

Reaction score
My vote : The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo.

I gotta be me. Let’s Take The Whole Day Off!

Michael M.

Reaction score
I'm diggin' the RUSH vibe. I can play most of Peart's lines with minimal gaffs. The only one that REALLY gives me a hard time is the YYZ solo from "Moving Pictures". The trips kick my ass every time. and I absolutely LOVE Buddy Rich!
Oh man, I really dig that solo ! It took me 2 years to get it right.

dave.robertson

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would playThe Ed Sullivan Show with The Doors in September 1967. After the show, Morrison was told they would never play Sullivan again.

1627577633433.png

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush! And I'm sure they'd get rid of me after the first chord is played, LOL!
And I'd have to say Iron Maiden as well. I'd be happy to be on the stage with them for just two songs: Powerslave & The Rime of the ancient mariner. Definitely on Nicko's kit playing one of those massive stadium shows that they do!

Last edited: