If you could sell.....

Soulfinger

Reaction score
I could do that, I suppose... but then I´d buy pretty much the same stuff again (maybe minus three or four cymbals and one or two snares), only I´d pay more than the first time around. So - no. :)

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No. I got a steal on my Brady block snare at about 1/3rd of prices I have seen on eBay. The rest is exactly what I want and the kit itself is a relatively new custom kit that has gone up in price if I wanted to replace it.

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you're offering . . . SOLD!

I guess I'm mostly thinking of the half dozen cymbals I'm not using and will need to sell. When I do, I'll probably take more of a loss on some than I'll make in profit off the others, but the real issue is the hassle. I'm in a small market (no Reverb) so will have to deal with a lot of tire-kickers only to hope to break even. Selling them all in one batch for what I have into them is appealing.

I also cheaped out a little too much on some hardware and am wondering about the wisdom of my monster 22 x 18 bass drum.

Some stuff I'd hate to part with and would have trouble replacing for what I paid, but clearing out other stuff easily is probably worth the trade off.

PM to firm up the deal. I can probably let you have all of it for around $2500 and another $2500 shipping.

hsosdrum

Reaction score
Oh HELL no! I'd just have to buy it all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

A.TomicMorganic

Reaction score
I could sell everything but my Agop SE jazz ride and my 1920 Ludwig snare drum.

jb111

Reaction score
Couldn't do it. Too dialed in with the kits. But I could sell all of my cymbals and start over. That would be fun.

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not a chance! Most of it was secured at well under current market/collector value. I'd conservatively be "losing" about 30% (Pandemic economic affect included in calculations). Not to jinx it, but I'd be far better off if it were lost/stolen/destroyed, and I were to collect the agreed upon insurance amount.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I previously answered this relative to my acoustic kit and cymbals. I failed to mention that if I could have a "do over," I'd love to get back all the money I spent on e-drums, which I have since sold for a small fraction of what I paid. They served their purpose for a time but never came close to what I get from my acoustic kit. I could buy a top-of-the-line professional kit for what I shelled out on e-drums over the past few decades.

Twakeshima

Reaction score
definitely not. I came across a really nice dude who sold me my favorite drum set and a few triggers and cymbals. What made it crazy was that he just decided to help me out. A brand new never used Ludwig Mahogany Legacy 7 piece drum set with metal hoops and small lugs- he sold it to me for $500. He also threw in tri-mount Gibraltar stands, a travel kit, a few Zildjians, a throne, drum heads, some snares, and an entire set of triggers for free. I was completely blown away and I can’t thank him enough. I got everything I could ever want out of a drum set for less than anyone would even consider selling it for.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah seeing as I went on a buying spree for years and haven’t played in years. I have a pile of stuff I need to sit down some time and try and sell it off.
In today’s market, if I got half of what I paid I would doing good.

Latest posts