If you order a cymbal from the Zildjian website, it probably won’t come straight from Zildjian

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A while back I ordered a 6” splash from the Zildjian website in hopes it would be coming directly from them. Instead, they had some drum shop in Colorado send it to me. Although it came to me new, the whole point of me ordering from Zildjian was I thought that I’d be getting a cymbal straight from the factory and maybe a better pick of the litter. Not a big deal but maybe somebody would like a head’s up. You might as well just order it from Sweetwater or something. It might even be cheaper!

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep, they send the order to a partner shop to be fulfilled. I ordered sticks from the Zildjian site, and they shipped from Explorers.

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep, they send the order to a partner shop to be fulfilled. I ordered sticks from the Zildjian site, and they shipped from Explorers.
Yeah, now that I think about it I ordered something from DW and they had Pro Drum Shop fulfill the order.

sixplymaple

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, now that I think about it I ordered something from DW and they had Pro Drum Shop fulfill the order.
It just depends on what you order. I’ve ordered a lot of stuff from DW’s site. Some gets fulfilled by other companies, but some gets fulfilled directly by them.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
I ordered direct from Danmar and they had Pro Drum Shop send it to me all the way across the country to me. ( Not to mention Pro Drum Shop screwed it all up).

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered direct from Danmar and they had Pro Drum Shop send it to me all the way across the country to me. ( Not to mention Pro Drum Shop screwed it all up).
Oh geez, that’s weird. I only live two hours from pro drum shop so that would make sense.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think more and more of this is happening. Alot of the shops have complained to the Manufacturers that if the manufacturer sells online, the shop gets short changed on the customers dollar. I think the manufacturers have an obligation to the shops that carry their product to honor their loyalty to the brand.

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think more and more of this is happening. Alot of the shops have complained to the Manufacturers that if the manufacturer sells online, the shop gets short changed on the customers dollar. I think the manufacturers have an obligation to the shops that carry their product to honor their loyalty to the brand.
Manufacturers will sell directly to customers when the item is not stocked by a local dealer (e.g. drop ship), but the local dealer gets "credit" for the sale. Some dealers who offer "free" shipping will have the item shipped directly from manufacturers/distributors. When I was in the drum biz, both Ludwig and Mapex would ship an order directly to the customer, whereas DW would have the item shipping from the local dealer.

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Manufacturers will sell directly to customers when the item is not stocked by a local dealer (e.g. drop ship), but the local dealer gets "credit" for the sale. Some dealers who offer "free" shipping will have the item shipped directly from manufacturers/distributors. When I was in the drum biz, both Ludwig and Mapex would ship an order directly to the customer, whereas DW would have the item shipping from the local dealer.
Yes sometimes I would see on Reverb where a seller would say that the cymbal will come directly from the manufacturer. I didn’t know what that meant. Thanks for clarifying.