If you were/are rich and old...

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I'd rather have inner peace than fancy drumsets or riches untold.

...Especially in my old age.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
For cymbals, i think I might return to Paiste for this one...Sig's in particular....
22" Full ride, 19" & 17" Fast Crashes and 14" Medium hats
"Spoken like a True Blueblood"
(surprised me there Elvis. Well done.

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For the yacht? Why, single ply teak shells with mahogany inlay by Noble and Cooley, Gold plated Inde hardware, 12x20 bass, 12x7 tom, 14x13 floor, 6.5x13 snare, New old stock Rogers swan leg cymbal stands, hat stand and 1st generation swivomatic pedal (all still packed in the original boxes of course) sent out and gold plated, topped off with vintage Spizzichino cymbals - 22" crashable ride at 1995g, 19" crashable ride at 1760g and 15" hats 980g on top and 1175 on the bottom. I'm frightfuly sorry... have you any grey poupon?

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe get real eccentric and have someone craft me some Braziliian Rosewood veneer drums with wood harvested from perfectly good from pre-war Martins.
You sir are a genius...
But I will see your perfectly good pre-war Martins, and raise you Jimmy '59 Les Paul (and his EDS-1275 for good measure) , Jimi's white Strat, Jeff's Tele, Eric's Strat Blackie, Stevie Ray's #1 Strat, Tony's SG, Michael's Flying V, Eddie's FrankenStrat, John's Rickenbacker, maybe a Stradivius or two, etc... as donors to have an "octa-plus" style kit in white cortex (to protect the invaluable veneers) all crafted by the fine folks at CB-700 factory.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
With that kind of money??? Whatever the drummer in my personal house band wants to play. His call.

Johnny K

Reaction score
Funny you should ask. This was listed by Steve Maxwell just a few hours ago.

No way! I took a picture of those when I visited the shop in May in NYC. One of the best versions of Cantalope Island was Jack playing those drums with Herbie and Pat Metheny and Dave Holland.

Johnny K

Reaction score
You sir are a genius...
But I will see your perfectly good pre-war Martins, and raise you Jimmy '59 Les Paul (and his EDS-1275 for good measure) , Jimi's white Strat, Jeff's Tele, Eric's Strat Blackie, Stevie Ray's #1 Strat, Tony's SG, Michael's Flying V, Eddie's FrankenStrat, John's Rickenbacker, maybe a Stradivius or two, etc... as donors to have an "octa-plus" style kit in white cortex (to protect the invaluable veneers) all crafted by the fine folks at CB-700 factory.
Awesome! But the other genuis part of my plan to harvest pre-war Martins, is the downlline consequence of raising the value of any pre-war Martins I didnt use to make a set of drums. But since I am also a benevolent genius, I would not harvest a D45. I may be rich and weird, but I have scruples. My drums would also feature Martin provided herringbone inlays around the circumfrence of all my shells. Since money is no object, I would also have to hire a Dr. Frankenstein to re-animate Craviatto to craft these drums. Edit: I absoluty would have to buy HanK Williams' D28 from Neil Young to make the snare. Neil is getting up there in age and that D28 is gonna be on the market. And to show that I'm not a complete b^^tard I would give up one my two HD28V's to make these drums.
s

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I'm good but if I had a gun to my head, my old birds eye maple Cravioto kit.

AustinFitz

Reaction score
Surprisingly I'm 110% happy with the kit I have, and wouldn't order anything except... more cymbals!!!

I never thought I'd find that special kit I would consider "THE ONE" but I did, and in a pawn shop at that! She's a 1980 Pearl G-Series Maple shell Big Beat kit in high gloss Walnut lacquer. All standard depths 13, 14, 16, 18, 24 with a 14×6.5 Pearl COB Jupiter snare. Just perfect for me! :love4: