"If You're Going to Torch My Beautiful Pearl Drums Kit ... At Least Cook Some Meat or Marshmallows Over the Fire!"

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Evanescence Drummer Will Hunt blasted "a small group of morons" for torching his drum set at Knotfest Mexico. Performances by Evanescence and Slipknot were cancelled after fans torn down barricades during a set by Behemoth.

For those of you who don't know anything after Steve Miller, Evanescence is a rock band featuring Amy Lee who had an enormous hit with "Bring Me to Life" in 2003 and sold 17 million albums that year. Slipknot is a metal band who wear masks on stage and have sold more than 30 million albums. (Max Weinberg's son Jay is their drummer and was recently named the top drummer in metal). Behemoth are a Polish extreme metal band.

Hunt has also played with Black Label Society, Static X and Stained (all successful bands that have emerged since the early 90s). He became a Pearl endorser in April 2019.
Fires-at-Knotfest-Mexico.jpg
will-hunt-mcc-rfp1w745h429.jpg

Here's some more info on the drum fire from Blabbermouth.net:

On Sunday, Hunt took to his Instagram to post several videos of the riot and the aftermath and included the following message: "So, a lot of questions about this. First and foremost everyone is ok. We love Mexico and as a whole the fans are incredible. The riot that happened was a small group of morons and they WILL NOT change my love for the Mexican people or our fans in Mexico. As for the rest of it, here are my (somewhat comical) take aways."

(Note: His comical takeaways include crude language I can't include here, but he called the rioters "weak and stupid" among other things. He also said, "Do you even riot, Bruh!).

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
My wife and I were huge Evanescence fans back in 2006 and even went to one of her concerts in Toronto. Unfortunately like many front people, her head got too big, and messed up her original band lineup. Will has been added along with a lot of electronic percussion. Not a fan. Maybe that was what the mob was upset about.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Eh, I'm going to have to say they were more pissed that he's using a double bass pedal on a 2 bass drum kit, is what set them off.

Tis BS these animals destroyed private property. But, I don't think Mr. Hunt is out any scratch here.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah just kidding around. Seems the trend with DB kits on stage though.

Latest posts