"Ignore" querry

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Howdy

As I've stated, the "Ignore" Button is the cat's meow. It actually works properly with the new software updates. Excellent addition.

Is there any way to have the Ignore effect implemented within a bifurcation?

When I select a member to ignore, it's as if he/she disappears. That member's threads and posts do not appear in my feed ... nor does his/her responses appear. Perfect!
Is it possible to have my posts follow the same behavior for that chosen member? Can my posts be silenced to the members posted on the chosen Ignore list?

In other words, if I choose Member A to ignore ... can the software ALSO allow my posts to be kept from Member A's feed???

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Was there something in the way I worded the question?
Could I get some sort of response?
It does not have to be relevant to the discussion.
It could be about the Postal Code changes implemented in 2014.
Perhaps a geographical discussion on the juxtaposition of Bora Bora in relation to Tahiti.
Your call.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I'll bite....I don't have a clue if the software could be set up that way. Ben would need to submit to our tech support to find out....so say you add all the mods to your ignore list...then you can post whatever you want and we won't see it? If that's the case then no not a good idea at all.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ok I'll bite....I don't have a clue if the software could be set up that way. Ben would need to submit to our tech support to find out....so say you add all the mods to your ignore list...then you can post whatever you want and we won't see it? If that's the case then no not a good idea at all.
I would hope that MODs have different USER settings behind the scenes. You are abbreviated ADMIN (or POWERUSER) accounts.
You are allowed to EDIT and DELETE and MOVE threads.

I would highly doubt a member account would be set up with USER settings to IGNORE the MODs and simultaneously block MOD access to the entries or threads created. That would give USER accounts the ability to block ADMIN privileges.
That makes no sense.

This is a member account setting only ... a USER account.
In networking, each account has GROUP settings applied ... USER, ADMIN, etc.
Within each GROUP, there are minor privileges and such allowed to the member account. In our case, we are USER accounts. That gives us customizing features for our individual node ... that is to say, our chosen computer. We can chose colors, passwords, fonts, and basic setups for the look and feel ... a few other items here and there. One of the items is the IGNORE setting ... which this thread is centered on.

I am requesting information within an individual USER account within the member GROUP.
Can the IGNORE be set for a two-way action?
Can my posts (and possibly threads) ALSO be set to the IGNORE function for those members that I have added to my IGNORE list?

(the Ignored Member created threads and all posts are IGNOREd in my feed and do not appear ... it is as if that member no longer posts ... is there a bifurcation for that selection???)

Last edited:

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I would hope that MODs have different USER settings behind the scenes. You are abbreviated ADMIN (or POWERUSER) accounts.
You are allowed to EDIT and DELETE and MOVE threads.

I would highly doubt a member account would be set up with USER settings to IGNORE the MODs and simultaneously block MOD access to the entries or threads created. That would give USER accounts the ability to block ADMIN privileges.
That makes no sense.

This is a member account setting only ... a USER account.
In networking, each account has GROUP settings applied ... USER, ADMIN, etc.
Within each GROUP, there are minor privileges and such allowed to the member account. In our case, we are USER accounts. That gives us customizing features for our individual node ... that is to say, our chosen computer. We can chose colors, passwords, fonts, and basic setups for the look and feel ... a few other items here and there. One of the items is the IGNORE setting ... which this thread is centered on.

I am requesting information within an individual USER account within the member GROUP.
Can the IGNORE be set for a two-way action?
Can my posts (and possibly threads) ALSO be set to the IGNORE function for those members that I have added to my IGNORE list?

(the Ignored Member created threads and all posts are IGNOREd in my feed and do not appear ... it is as if that member no longer posts ... is there a bifurcation for that selection???)
Come on buddy. I am not that bad. :)

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We were made aware of this thru the reports system.
Not being pushy. Just trying to stay on top of my list here.

Thirty-eight days later ...
twenty days from acknowledging the post ...
Would any of you have an answer for me?

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ok.
My question was actually “can you” ... not ”would you”.
I am researching software for a group and had a specific question about this particular piece of web software you are currently utilizing.
I appreciate you finally getting back with me.
I will forward on the response to my group.
Thank you.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
the "Ignore" Button is the cat's meow.
It's a drummers forum why would you want to ignore anyone. Wait. Can you read this? ;)
I mean how bad can it be " Blue oyster 20" bass Keystone badge. Someone installed Pearl-type spurs...."

dimag333

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's a drummers forum why would you want to ignore anyone. Wait. Can you read this? ;)
I mean how bad can it be " Blue oyster 20" bass Keystone badge. Someone installed Pearl-type spurs...."
ahh the days of titus.........

steve

Reactions: JDA

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
hahahaha
well ... it is a question relating to the software ... not a request for action.
I needed networking information regarding USER account settings and figured I’d ask here.

Interesting how sideways this question went.

Reactions: JDA

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok.
My question was actually “can you” ... not ”would you”.
I am researching software for a group and had a specific question about this particular piece of web software you are currently utilizing.
I appreciate you finally getting back with me.
I will forward on the response to my group.
Thank you.
I am quite sure anything can be done with software, it usually is a mater of time and coding and money.